Wow - Schecter Guitars.. Impressed

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having become jaded with Ibanez as they dont have any production Baritone 7s and their old ones are extremely rare I decided to see what else is available.

I went over to Schecters website and WOW.

Almost all their 7s are 26.5, look cool, set neck and mahogany, and are fixed tail. This is the first time I am seeing them in a different light.

Seeing as I dont solo or require amazing access to the higher frets or need a thin shredding neck - I am curious as to how these guitars fare?

Anyone who has owned Ibanez and then gone over to Schecters 7s please post your thoughts?

Its almost like I have been partial to ibanez for some reason when the schecters have so many amazing features.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I can only say good things about Schecter... I dont have an Ibanez but I have played a few and I think both brands feel really good. I still dont understand why a thin neck would be better for shredding... :ugh: Its just as easy to move on a thick neck as it is on a wizard. The necks on my Schecters both feel pretty beefy but not ever clumsy in any way. They sound and feel absolutly amazing. :yesway:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im so interested in the C7 Blackjack - 26.5", neck through mahogany, SD pups..

Plus it looks killer with that binding.

Reaction score
Im so interested in the C7 Blackjack - 26.5", neck through mahogany, SD pups..

Plus it looks killer with that binding.

I have the 007 blackjack and it is my main right now. It has an M7 in the bridge though. I am no big fan of the JB that was in it first. The neck pickup is awesome though. I love it, and even when I get a JP7 this guitar will be my main for my bands cause it suits riffing so extremely well with the extended scale, and soloing is absolutely no problem either. :metal:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah - extended scale is what im looking for. Also are these guitars available in other colors than black? Is there white?

Im really getting tempted.

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I prefer the ibanez neck because it just feels right in my hands. The schecters are nice tp play also. I have been craving 27 scale or longer for some time now and the schecters are looking pretty good. The neck is a little bigger but it dont bother me at all.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
My main bass is a schecter and I had a schecter acoustic and it was pretty awesometoo, so im sure if I wanted a fixed bridge 7, it'd be the first place id go. but unfortunately, trems =[[

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
theyre available in some sort of wine red color i think

i played a hellraiser... if you dont mind the neck and the extra tension from the extended range-- well, they sound fucking brutal

Cringles

Another Sinking Ship
Reaction score
I own a ibanez k7, schecter 007 blackjack, and a c7 hellraiser. Id prefer Schecter guitars over the Ibanez. Schecter necks feel better to me than ibanez. The blackjack guitars only come in black:D There awesome guitars and not overly priced either:hbang:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I used to be iffy about Schecter because of my Schecter Revenger-7, which is an older, cheaper model, and it shows. But I recently picked up a Schecter Hellraiser C-7 (same as Blackjack, but with EMGs, different finishes, possibly very slightly better upper fret access) and I'm in love. It feels perfect, and now I want to get a Blackjack to match (especially since I now know that I love the sound of a baritone/low-tuned guitar with a JB bridge and mahogany body).

I used to be an Ibanez fan, but now I'm fully addicted to Schecter. If I became famous, I'd go with Schecter for an endorsement. Ibanez's are nice, but I prefer the slightly beefier feel of Schecters, and the options they have over Ibanez. The only Ibanezes I've been tempted by lately are the RGA (never played one) and the SZ (played one, loved it, but liked the Blackjack C6 better).

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah - extended scale is what im looking for. Also are these guitars available in other colors than black? Is there white?

Im really getting tempted.

The Hellraiser comes in black and black cherry. The Blackjack is, well, black. :)

The C7FR comes in white and also has a 26.5" neck.

krsp

Reaction score
I know that you asked about Ibanez to Schecter... I kinda went the other way. I have a Schecter Omen Extreme 7 and then just recently got an Ibanez Apex2. Both are really good guitars, if I had to choose, I would probably go with the Ibanez (probably because it is brand new!). Schecter is pretty good guitar for the buck though. The stock pickups blow donkey ass (unless you get decent factory installed ones - EMG, SD....), but that is easily fixed!

D

Desecrated

I know that you asked about Ibanez to Schecter... I kinda went the other way. I have a Schecter Omen Extreme 7 and then just recently got an Ibanez Apex2. Both are really good guitars, if I had to choose, I would probably go with the Ibanez (probably because it is brand new!). Schecter is pretty good guitar for the buck though. The stock pickups blow donkey ass (unless you get decent factory installed ones - EMG, SD....), but that is easily fixed!

wow, I feel exactly the other way around. Ibanez stock pickups has always made my barf, but the ones that comes in schecter impressed my a lot. I think it´s the best stock pickups I've ever tried, I haven't even considering changing them in my omen, and in the omen extreme I would never change it.

your_mum

Reaction score
I wish it was easier to get shecter in the uk, I seriously cant find them :(

FortePenance

Reaction score
UK has a decent stock of schecters my friends tell me. Sound Control?

But here in hong kong, there are no licensed schecter dealers at all.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
I like my Schecter C7 Blackjack. It's not a neckthrough though, it's a set neck with a rounded off heel. The neck is a bit thick, but you get used to it, I don't have a problem anymore(but still tempted to shave it down :lol:).

If I could've gotten an Ibanez 1077, or the RG7EX, I probably would have. The long scale and neck binding are what drew me to the C7.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like very many of the current Ibanez line, and none of the 7-strings available here.

Meanwhile, most of my GAS pains are from Schecter.
c1_ea_dvs.jpg

custom06.jpg

006_elite_bch.jpg

c1_bj_blk.jpg

007_elite_stblk.jpg

tempest_bj_blk.jpg

csh12_cred.jpg

c7_bj_blk.jpg

and I just love this finish:
s1_elite_cblu.jpg

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh...Set neck vs necthrough?

Im sorry - in all my idiocy I thought they were one and the same.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh...Set neck vs necthrough?

Im sorry - in all my idiocy I thought they were one and the same.

Neck-through means the neck goes all the way to the rear strap pin, and the body "wings" are glued on to it. Carvin, Jackson, and BCRich are notable neckthrough builders.

Set neck means the neck is glued into the body using a dovetail joint. Gibson and PRS would be the big names in this style neck joint.

Schecter does the 2nd, but unlike a Les Paul, they round off and shape the heel more like a neck-through. This is sometimes referred to as "Set Through", but that's too confusing, IMO. :lol:

')