Wow, what a disappointment!

• Thread starter Matt08642
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Me either. My RG1527 plays better than any other guitar I've ever owned. I've had other guitars that are better than it at certain things, but as far as playability, my 1527 destroys any other guitar I've owned and the vast majority of guitars I've played. Ibanez's thin necks are one of their advantages. For a six string, I like a thick neck (I've owned two Les Pauls by now), but for a seven, the fretboard is wider and I prefer a thin neck. Thin necks make it a lot easier to solo.

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
I sold my 1527CB and the money went straight onto a UV777pBK. :metal:

:agreed:
I DID love my 1527 until I bought my UV, and the step up in class was apparent. I'm trying to salvage it with better pickups, but it's probably going to end up getting sold for something else. I'm not a big fan of the neck profile on the 1527, just too thin flat and lifeless. The UV profile is just right!

I don't think I'd get on with the schecter 'baseball bats' though :lol:

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I never thought of a thin neck as a bad thing....

Not a bad thing, but your playing style and hands size have much to do with that. I have very large hands, and don't feel comfortable with thin/flat necks.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
I love the thin and flat neck on my 1527. I have played only one neck which was almost as comfortable for me, and that was a USA Charvel.

Oguz286

Reaction score
As Naren said, i prefer not too thin necks on sixxers but when i play sevens i prefer the necks to be a bit thinner because of the neck being wider. That's why y Bo~el is perfect for me, it's based on a wizard neck but it's a bit thicker.

In the end, it's all in the preference.

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
That's odd... I must be the only person happy with their RG1527?

No, just a lot of opinions. I've had two 1527's (still have my '05) and the only crappy thing about them is their pickups, which is no secret.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love the thin neck on mine. Although I did try a Gryphon last week and it wasn't bad at all.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't play a wizard thin neck. I don't mind the thickness oof the Hellraiser neck at all but if the Carvin neck is really right between the 2 I'll be loving it.
My left hand cramps when I play ultra thin necks. :wallbash:

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It's all a case of each to their own. Some people like thck necks, others don't. I prefer thinner necks, but I'll agree some of the Ibanez profiles can be too thin, I'd say my UV's about perfect. The C7 neck is a lot chunkier than I like, but it's not as bad as the older Schecter necks. My soon to be going A7 really has a baseball bat for a neck, but my C7's somewhere between that and my UV. It's certainly good for getting creamy Les Paul tones, but it's only really filling a gap until my KXK comes. Probably. I mean, I think I can sell it... :ugh:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I was not disappointed when I bought my H207, in fact...I like it...plus it has lower action than any guitar ever, period...and to prove it...here's a pic:

action.jpg

[action=D-EJ915]just wanted to post that pic[/action]

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
I was not disappointed when I bought my H207, in fact...I like it...plus it has lower action than any guitar ever, period...and to prove it...here's a pic:

action.jpg

[action=D-EJ915]just wanted to post that pic[/action]

That's pretty impressive :yesway:

However, low-action isn't all it's cracked up to be. I had my action on my RG1527 about that low for a long while. One day I decided to raise it, and my shredding technique became 10X cleaner. I guess the space between the string and fretboard allowed me to better control my phrasing.

The other 7-string guitarist in my band likes his action unnaturally high, and he can shred like no other :bowdown:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah you can grip strings better with higher action, but somehow that guitar just likes the action like that. I had it higher before but it works better with it low.

The action on my baritone is like 4x as high as that and it plays really well that way.

Ryan

Reaction score
Low action is very important to me. When i went to Sam Ash the other night, i was trying out some of the more high dollar guitars. Haha, i had the poor dude up and down those stairs all night. But anyway, the action on all of my guitars is minimal, and thats what im used to of course. So im like thinking "O hell yah, imma about to shred a hole in this Alexi Laiho V and make all these 15 year olds worship me as their new god!!!!" Then i sit down in the loud room and the action is like World War I trip wire. My loaner-ass Thin/Medium pick was getting caught in the strings, my fingers couldnt glide across the fretboard on sweeps. It was like a nightmare. I almost got shown up by a drummer.... A DRUMMER. But of course he was probably used to a ver UN-setup guitar. Moral of the story, low action is great if its what youre used to.

And that Alexi V sucked. The shape was killer but the HZ?? Wtf.
The Atreyu Explorer with Blooddrips was pretty nice.
Nicest guitar of the night, Ibanez RG20061 Stained Ash Neck through. Pure sex. High-Action sex. :/

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah the H4 sucks...I'm wanting the alexi so bad right now though...but after being given a setup by myself it would totally own.

')