Wow, what a disappointment!

• Thread starter Matt08642
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Matt08642

Reaction score
So I finally got to try out an Ibanez RG1527 yesterday. I was REALLY disappointed by the neck. It just felt too damn thin in my hands.

I then tried a Schecter Hellraiser C-7. I loved it, I loved how it felt like a damn baseball bat with strings!

Hellraiser C-7 is what I'm gonna save for now!

:hbang: :hbang: :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The Hellraiser is like the les paul of 7-strings.

CHAWLthornacus

7-string bender
Reaction score
yes they are!!! except i can't get into les paul's,had two black custom's. my god they weighed a ton,well 2 ton's maybe. loved the the sound though.

no epi's please!

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I then tried a Schecter Hellraiser C-7. I loved it, I loved how it felt like a damn baseball bat with strings!
:lol:

I feel just the same, I'm thinking about selling my RG because the neck feels to thin for me, I should try some LTDs and Jacksons too :agreed:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Personally, I've gone away from the thick necks. I'm getting a thin neck on my KXK, and the Conklin 7 I just bought has a very nice neck that way. But it's all a matter of preference.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I was really disappointed in the RG1527 I got too, but for the opposite reason. I thought the neck was kind of clunky compared to most Ibanez 7 necks. I also didn't care for the rotting pits on the rosewood board.

If you like the feel of the Hellraiser, stay away from any Ibanez/Jackson/anything really... the only other neck thats as beefy as the Hellrasier that I can think of are the USA Washburn 7s.

Good luck finding your Hellraiser. I recommend trying the Schecter C7 Blackjack model too, that's a good one as well :yesway:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's odd... I must be the only person happy with their RG1527?

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
To each his own, I guess :spock:

I love my RG1527 to death, and I can't stand chunky Schecter necks.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
If you like the feel of the Hellraiser, stay away from any Ibanez/Jackson/anything really... the only other neck thats as beefy as the Hellrasier that I can think of are the USA Washburn 7s.

Well, I think that anything thicker than an Ibanez neck would suit me fine. Anyway, I think it's the extra flat profile what bothers me.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
That's odd... I must be the only person happy with their RG1527?

I like it, but i don't have one :rolleyes:

The Schecter it's the law, man trade your 1527 for a Schecter, maybe someone in the forum want to trade it.

saludos!

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
I haven't played a 1527, but the stupidly thin Wizard I neck is my favorite neck of all time.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
my 1527 plays like a dream, I love the neck...if it feels too thin for you, you would probably love the profile on my JC, it's a touch thicker

CHAWLthornacus

7-string bender
Reaction score
it took me six month's before i found my hellraiser and i bought it that day!

I was really disappointed in the RG1527 I got too, but for the opposite reason. I thought the neck was kind of clunky compared to most Ibanez 7 necks. I also didn't care for the rotting pits on the rosewood board.

Good luck finding your Hellraiser. I recommend trying the Schecter C7 Blackjack model too, that's a good one as well :yesway:

Matt08642

Reaction score
I tried the blackjack too, but I liked the sound of the EMG 707's more.

I really need a job now... :(

')