...wow

• Thread starter Islandjam2990
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy both, no matter what's on either one.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I have to admit, it didn't make sense to me either. I'm sure there is logic behind somewhere but I'm yet to find it.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
What's your opinion?

I think it is odd to release an EP with half of the future album. I can't see the logic in it either, unless they were just using the EP as a huge teaser for the album. Strange either way you look at it. :scratch:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
1. I think they made it very clear that these songs would be on the album.

2. Didn't they offer a limited edition shirt with the EP?

3. They needed something to sell on tour and didn't want to rush or half-ass the album to get it done that fast.

4. They can put out whatever they want, you can buy it, or not. Some people are into their collections and want to have both, others don't really care about that kind of stuff. It's like when bands release best of albums. Do you really need to pay 15 dollars for one new song that was a b-side? Or do you download it instead.

It's consumerism, not communism, you/the band aren't obligated to do anything.

Jay Jay

The Djent Plane
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they also made it very clear that the label didn't want them to release the album yet, saying that there wasn't enough time to advertise, etc. before the U.S. tour, so instead they pushed hard to get the EP released so that they'd be able to sell it on tour. Makes sense to me :shrug:

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they also made it very clear that the label didn't want them to release the album yet, saying that there wasn't enough time to advertise, etc. before the U.S. tour, so instead they pushed hard to get the EP released so that they'd be able to sell it on tour. Makes sense to me :shrug:

Well, if that is the case than that makes a lot of sense.

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score

I remember Dan telling my room mate and I something like that when we saw them with Townsend. Though I am disappointed the album isn't gonna have anymore new content (I don't care that much about the 5.1 DVD performance because I can't listen to that in my car/room) I'm still buying both :shrug:

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
3. They needed something to sell on tour and didn't want to rush or half-ass the album to get it done that fast.

The whole album has been done for a long while now. The only reason it was never released was due to label bullshit.

This is information Acle gave me, by the way.

ZackP3750

Reaction score
they do say the Concealing Fate EP was meant for US release only but were thrown off by how well it was doing internationally through downloads. I could understand them re-releasing it for international fans.....15 years ago, when people didn't have the access to music that they do now. Its not like the international community was missing out, TesseracT was missing out on making money from it.

That aside, if fans want to buy the album because of half new material and a live DVD, they will. But this doesn't make much sense to me, at least in regards to an upcoming band. If Metallica did it we'd all be sitting here saying "Oh look at those money-hungry assholes", so I guess it depends on who is releasing the already released material.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Sooo...why don't... | Facebook

I'm floored. I wrote that article that they're talking about, and I'm just downright amazed anyone even read it, especially because I just started working at The Metal Register two weeks ago. Bigger question here is...

What's your opinion?

Well, my opinion is that if you really want to be a journalist you should research all your facts before you go out and write articles blaming the band.

Last edited:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
I'm happy to buy it just knowing that there's 7 brand new TesseracT songs on a CD. I don't care if I've already bought the EP, I'm going to listen to it constantly up until, and after the album is released, so I'd be glad to pay for it again.

I just got this off of the site, someone posted it:

TesseracT ‘One’ official album tracklisting - Approx 57mins

1. Lament - *album version*
2. Nascent
3. Acceptance - Concealing Fate Part One
4. Deception - Concealing Fate Part Two
5. The Impossible - Concealing Fate Part Three
6. Perfection - Concealing Fate Part Four
7. Epiphany - Concealing Fate Part Five
8. Origin - Concealing Fate Part Six
9. Sunrise
10. April
11. Eden

TesseracT ‘One’ bonus dvd tracklisting - Approx 45mins
1. Concealing Fate Parts I-VI recorded live, Stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound mix
2. Band interviews
3. Tour footage from recent North American tour

"Now, we realised that far more people bought/downloaded the 'Concealing Fate' EP than was projected and that the EP was being imported/downloaded by people from all over the world, even though it was only a limited run and a US ONLY release to coincide with our recent tour of the US and Canada. So, we have made sure that the standard release of CD + DVD is priced at that of a normal CD only package, effectively giving the DVD for FREE. In the states that equals to $15.78. We did make this clear on our website and have never hidden the fact that Concealing Fate would be a part of 'One'. We are working hard to try and get some new material ready for you" - Amos Williams

Not only to you get the EP again, or for the first time if you didn't buy it (Oh yeah! If you didn't buy the EP, you get it in the album! That's a plus!) you also get video of every song off the EP, for free.

Shit yeah, TesseracT. :agreed:

Islandjam2990

Reaction score
Well, my opinion is that if you really want to be a journalist you should research all your facts before you go out and write articles blaming the band.

I realize I made some typos in the article, and I caught them right off the bat and emailed my boss to fix them, before anyone had seen them. Unfortunately, he was out for the day and I couldn't get them corrected. I realize I made some mistakes, and I felt like an idiot for it. Trust me. I miscounted the tracks, I misspelled a word in the fourth paragraph, and I fucked up a word order somewhere in there. I know that, and we're all going to make mistakes... I just did it on a much grander scale, and it so happens it's the one time that EVERYONE saw it.

That being said, and if you read the article, and I said-

"but the marketing that TesseracT, or their label, employed, just doesn’t make any sense."

I never blamed the band directly for what happened, and it wasn't supposed to be taken like that, but TesseracT decided to be a little childish about it and post it to their Facebook and make it seem like I was a big TesseracT hater, out on a crusade to make them lose fans. They could have let it go and just taken the criticism like any other band... if every band posted every article that was written in an even slightly negative light about them on Facebook, my news feed wouldn't be able to keep up.

"I’m a fan of the music, and I’ve been a fan of the band for a long time, but I just can’t bring myself to buy a CD that I already own half of."

I stated my reason for it right there in the second paragraph, and specifically said that I enjoy the music. It wasn't an article about the music at all, just a question of ethics, but it blew up into this big thing about how I'm stupid because I don't want their CD, and I should be grateful for their music, etc.

It's an article. It's an opinion, and I don't MIND arguing my opinion with people, as long as it's done intelligently, you know? It just turned into a flamefest, which is irritating. I respect TesseracT, I like TesseracT, and I don't know where it's coming from that I don't like them or anything.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Verity

Reaction score
I'm happy to buy it just knowing that there's 7 brand new TesseracT songs on a CD. I don't care if I've already bought the EP, I'm going to listen to it constantly up until, and after the album is released, so I'd be glad to pay for it again.

I just got this off of the site, someone posted it:

Not only to you get the EP again, or for the first time if you didn't buy it (Oh yeah! If you didn't buy the EP, you get it in the album! That's a plus!) you also get video of every song off the EP, for free.

Shit yeah, TesseracT. :agreed:

I won't disagree with you that it's not a bad deal, but where exactly are you getting the "7 new tracks" figure from? 11 tracks - 6 ep tracks = 5 new tracks, unless of course I've missed something. :scratch:

splinter8451

Reaction score
I won't disagree with you that it's not a bad deal, but where exactly are you getting the "7 new tracks" figure from? 11 tracks - 6 ep tracks = 5 new tracks, unless of course I've missed something. :scratch:

Yeah that's what I was trying to figure out :lol: I count 5.

I am not the biggest TesseracT fan, but I was hoping that they were gonna add a few more songs onto One since it has been finished for a long time now and 6 outta 11 tracks are already released.

But it's all good :) The price for the album and DVD is fair at least.

Verity

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was trying to figure out :lol: I count 5.

I am not the biggest TesseracT fan, but I was hoping that they were gonna add a few more songs onto One since it has been finished for a long time now and 6 outta 11 tracks are already released.

But it's all good :) The price for the album and DVD is fair at least.

Agreed :cool:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I realize I made some typos in the article, and I caught them right off the bat and emailed my boss to fix them, before anyone had seen them. Unfortunately, he was out for the day and I couldn't get them corrected. I realize I made some mistakes, and I felt like an idiot for it. Trust me. I miscounted the tracks, I misspelled a word in the fourth paragraph, and I fucked up a word order somewhere in there. I know that, and we're all going to make mistakes... I just did it on a much grander scale, and it so happens it's the one time that EVERYONE saw it.

That being said, and if you read the article, and I said-

"but the marketing that TesseracT, or their label, employed, just doesn’t make any sense."

I never blamed the band directly for what happened, and it wasn't supposed to be taken like that, but TesseracT decided to be a little childish about it and post it to their Facebook and make it seem like I was a big TesseracT hater, out on a crusade to make them lose fans. They could have let it go and just taken the criticism like any other band... if every band posted every article that was written in an even slightly negative light about them on Facebook, my news feed wouldn't be able to keep up.

"I’m a fan of the music, and I’ve been a fan of the band for a long time, but I just can’t bring myself to buy a CD that I already own half of."

I stated my reason for it right there in the second paragraph, and specifically said that I enjoy the music. It wasn't an article about the music at all, just a question of ethics, but it blew up into this big thing about how I'm stupid because I don't want their CD, and I should be grateful for their music, etc.

It's an article. It's an opinion, and I don't MIND arguing my opinion with people, as long as it's done intelligently, you know? It just turned into a flamefest, which is irritating. I respect TesseracT, I like TesseracT, and I don't know where it's coming from that I don't like them or anything.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Thanks for the reply!
I wasn't referring to the typos anyway, but rather to the fact that you didn't know about the reasoning behind their (or rather the labels) decision on forcing them to release the EP when the whole album was already done and ready for release.

Islandjam2990

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
I wasn't referring to the typos anyway, but rather to the fact that you didn't know about the reasoning behind their (or rather the labels) decision on forcing them to release the EP when the whole album was already done and ready for release.

No worries brother!

That's why I put both the band and the label, because honestly, I couldn't find any information on which party was responsible, and I didn't want to call out one specifically, so I resorted to a more general statement about my disagreement with the ethics.

Honestly, I wish it never would've blown up like it did.

Latest posts

')