Wow

• Thread starter purple_hazer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
haha good plan, then ill bolt them all together and tell rick neilson to fuck off

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob02382

Born Again
Reaction score
Dude, I hate to say it, because you won't have anything that many others don't already have, but as far as playability goes, it'd be an JP7, hands down. It's becoming a cookie-cutter guitar, but what the heck is an RG? Unless you go full custom, 30 other guys are gonna say "Dude, congrats! I love mine, too". All everybody says is "It's all about the neck", and they're right, but I've got two hands, and the first time I rested my picking hand in the deep bowl cutout of the JP7, my first though was "Wow, somebody designed this guitar around what both hands need to do to play this guitar". I love crazy body styles, but don't buy something just because it'll stand out in a crowd of strats & v's. Try playing the guitar with your eyes closed for a few minutes & "see" if things feel right. Just remember, you're hopefully going to be playing this guitar for years, and it's well and good if it's shaped like a throwing star or an alien butt-probe machine (no disrespect to alien butt-probe machines), but good looks will NEVER make up for great sound & ultimate playability. - Rob

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
i guess i dont remember writing anything about having a unique 'one of a kind' guitar but i see what your sayin

i was just askin for opinions on good instruments

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
Erok got that custom guitar you drew up with the 27 frets as a custom from KXK

im guessin they wouldnt do it, and itd take a year or so, and it would most definately be more than 15-1700 dollars

EDIT: i realise i misread your post hahaha

Axel

Reaction score
If the kxk is your dream guitar then get that. Otherwise I'd go with a Carvin. They're solid guitars, within your price range, and the neck thru is just sex :agreed:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
if your guitar is a superstrat shape and has 24 frets, CAAAARRVIN!

If not, guess you gotta go KXK, or some custom shop builder.

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
the KxK doesn't seem to far out of your price range, but for instant gratification, I'd look at some of the Jcustoms available from Japan

purple_hazer

Brother Hypernia
Reaction score
im actually considering a kiko loureiro sig from edwards, it may be a sixer but holy shit is it immaculate

')