Writing on other instruments

• Thread starter distressed_romeo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Who does this?

Just curious, as I came up with a cool, Devil Doll-ish arpeggio sequence on the keys just now, which sounded really cool when executed as arpeggio sweeps on the guitar. It suggested some cool new broken chords that weren't terribly hard to execute, but that I probably wouldn't have thought of had I picked up the guitar from the start.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
I mess around on piano/keys or even a guitar. They all make me think of different things. Then I learn to play them on my bass :D.

Makelele

Reaction score
I often sing out melodies and stuff, and then figure out how to play them on the guitar. I find it makes my playing less repetive, as I don't stick to the same old patterns then.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Makelele said:
I often sing out melodies and stuff, and then figure out how to play them on the guitar. I find it makes my playing less repetive, as I don't stick to the same old patterns then.

Agreed. Since I started practicing singing in conjuncture with my guitar playing, I've broken out of a lot of old ruts.:agreed:

')