WTB: Alder/Ash bodied, maple bodied strat-style guitar

• Thread starter Drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Might as well put out a feeler just to leave here to see what's available - It's really no secret that I've been looking for one of these, but...

I'm in the market for essentially a seven-string version of my stratocaster. Alder or ash body, double cutaway, pickguard-mounted S-S-S or S-S-H electronics, vintage-style two-point trem, and a maple-fretboard 22-fret 25.5" neck. I'd prefer something with a transparent finish, and a flamed or quilted top would be bonus, but really I just want to see woodgrain. I'd also rather buy from a real person than bid on e-bay, if at all possible.

I'm prepared to buy outright, and I also have a CST that I would offer up for trade for the right guitar.

Got something that matches the above description? Let me know.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, I realize it's a long shot. :lol:

But, kidding aside, for the perfect guitar... Like, a seven string version of the Anderson I posted earlier, no questions asked I'd trade the CST. Barring something like that, though...

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
If I had a 7-string Strat, I think I'd have a hard time deciding if I'd rather keep it or trade you for the CST :lol: But sadly I have neither (on the plus side, if I did, I think I worked out the perfect solution: Graphtech piezo saddles on the Strat).

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
eleven59 said:
If I had a 7-string Strat, I think I'd have a hard time deciding if I'd rather keep it or trade you for the CST :lol: But sadly I have neither (on the plus side, if I did, I think I worked out the perfect solution: Graphtech piezo saddles on the Strat).

I suppose I should stress the fact that by "right" guitar I mean something like a custom shop Fender or a s-s-h alder or ash Anderson seven, or a Soloway solidbody if I can get used to the scale first. :lol:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Has Donnie been able to infiltrate Warmoth to the extent that we'll be seeing Fender-licensed 7-string necks and bodies?

Come on, Donnie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
')