WTB lefty 7 strings ibanez

• Thread starter groove87
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

groove87

Reaction score
Hi
I'm searching for a 7 strings ibanez guitar.

I can also trade with lefty ibanez.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck mate. There are, to my knowledge, two production lefty sevens from Ibanez - the RG7420L which is now discontinued. Its a great guitar, but hard to find. The other is the RG1527L, and while technically still in production I've never seen pics of one. Indeed, they only seem to exist in Japanese catalogues without pics - merely a "also available left handed" and I find it hard to believe that Japan is the only market for guitars the wrng way round.

Other than that, you're stuck looking for one offs, like Scotts RG1077LXL.

Best of luck mate

groove87

Reaction score
the 1527L really exist? I thinking It was just an urban legend.
I know a 7420L is rare, but with patience I've got a 555L, a 550exl, 440L and I'll recieive next week my dna clone left handed (I'll post pics on jem site I think).
I lost a 3120L 2 month ago (I buy my 550 and modification for my dna...so It was hard to buy it) but the buyer may want to resell this rg to me;)
For a RG1077xl...I know It's so difficult lol

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
They do apparently exist, but you're exactly right man. With no pictures ANYWHERE, I really dont find it hard to believe they said they'd make them but didn't.

As far as I know the 1077LXL was a one off - it was exactly like an RG1077XL, but it had a LoPro trem with a Ubar like on the K7 sigs so the arm could go in the wrong side. PM Scott about what happened to it, I honestly don't know where it went.

Ishibashi U-Box is the place for the RG7420L - my friend recently ordered one from there and it turned up in pretty good nick. Tragically, I think it was only available in black, but it is a great guitar. :yesway:

astrocreep

Reaction score
the 1527L really exist? I thinking It was just an urban legend.
I know a 7420L is rare

I sooooo don't believe the 1527L exists. Frankly I need evidence!

The 7420L is nice enough, I guess mine will some day be followed up by a custom...

:shred:

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
There is no RG1527L. Stich, im surprised that you don't know this :lol:

Way back in the day, jemsite posted a list of new guitars, and one of them posted was the 1527L, when in fact, it was meant to be the 15271. The hardtail version of the 1527.

A few other sites have made the same mistake when advertising the 15271, but I guaran-fucking-tee you, that the lefty version of the 1527 does not exist.

And yes, I had the one off 1077XL(L). I also owned a 7420 briefly.

PB010052.jpg

:D

The 7420 went to ebay, and the 1077XL went to a guy in New York I believe.

groove87

Reaction score
why do you sell all of your 7 ibanez?
I'm searching a 7420L for custom. I plan to modify it for a UVMC.
I don't know if it's more simple to find a 7420L or to build a brand new custom with my luthier.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a bass player. I didn't need that many 7 string guitars. The only one I have left is this one.

image-1.jpg

Plus, i'm not a big fan of Ibanez :lol:

groove87

Reaction score
;)
I just see that new edge pro 7 with U bar on K7 can be reverse...great !!! thanks stitch for the information

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
You could just buy a LoPro 7, and drill the other side, tap it, and move the arm holder over. That's what I did on the guitar above. That's a lot easier than finding a K7 trem, and it yields the same results.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Nice collection! Sadly if I ever stumble across a 7420 I'm going to be buying it and tarting the thing up rather than telling anyone about it!

groove87

Reaction score
Maybe I've found one....waiting for a friend (He may buy this one,If he don't, I'll take this). But I'm not sur It's a good value, a custom 7 may be a good alternative....
I'm waiting for a 3120 too, depend If I change my amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
')