WTB: Mesa Boogie DC-3 or DC-5

• Thread starter CrackTheSkye
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrackTheSkye

Reaction score
Gear/Guitar Wanted: Mesa Boogie DC-3 or DC-5 head or combo. Also looking for Mesa Mark III/IV (With EQ)
Additional Accessories : 2 button footswitch (not a must)
Your Location (City,State or City,Country): Kentucky
International OK?: No
Contact Info: Pm
References: Ebay

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm the guy from the Petrucci forum. The DC - 5 works well minus the reverb.I don't use the reverb ever so I never looked into fixing the issue. I also did the master volume mod .Otherwise the amp is stock.I have excellent feedback on ebay if you decide to look it up.Let me know if you have any questions

CrackTheSkye

Reaction score
I'm the guy from the Petrucci forum. The DC - 5 works well minus the reverb.I don't use the reverb ever so I never looked into fixing the issue. I also did the master volume mod .Otherwise the amp is stock.I have excellent feedback on ebay if you decide to look it up.Let me know if you have any questions

Got any pics? Also does it have the headphone jack on the back? Any idea what's wrong with the reverb and what it would take to fix it?

Thanks

Reaction score
I have pics.The best thing to do with them would be to email them to you.So PM your email to me so I can send you full resolution pics.

There isn't a head phone jack on mine which is an "A" version. Mine has recording out, silent recording switch.Slave out and full effects loop.

AS far as reverb , the units themselves are cheap and usually aren't worth repairing.They usually get replaced instead. that's why I haven't looked into it.I never use the spring reverb.I think it sounds terrible. But as I mentioned, they are very easily replaced.I did change the vacuum tube for the reverb circuit and it wasn't that so it's the unit itself.

BenInKY

Banned
Reaction score
If you play metal I really wouldn't recommend a DC-3. I had one for a couple years and it just didn't cut it. Probably a good blues amp though.

brodjentle

Reaction score
ive got a dc-5 if you havent already bought one let me know if you are interested ive got pictures i can send also

')