WTB: Peavey 5150 / 6505 combo or head (UK)

• Thread starter blues-core
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

blues-core

Reaction score
I'm after a either a Peavey 5150 or 6505 in the head or combo format, must be in good condition. Would like to collect the amp so within 50ish miles of Manchester would be preferred, although I'm not against having a head version shipped.

If anyone knows any where else it may be worth putting a wanting message/looking can you let me know, there seems to be a lack of them on ebay in the north recently

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
Just want to make sure you know that the heads and combos sound different right?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
They absolutely do sound different man, just due to the nature of being 60w and in a 2x12 cabinet housing. There are tangible differences between how a 60w and 120w amp work that go beyond simply a modest volume boost.

I'd strongly recommend the head version over the combo, I owned both and found the head sounded a lot better.

:2c:

blues-core

Reaction score
Just want to make sure you know that the heads and combos sound different right?

Yeah, I understand that. Main reason for putting that I was after either version was due to availability and the fact that they aren't drastically different (please let me know if I'm talking bollocks).

Uber Mega

Try my fist!
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn I sold one not long back, and for a bloody good price (for the buyer), sorry man i'll keep an eye out for you around Leeds.

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
I have a mint sig series 5150 head for sale/trade if you're willing to have it shipped. PM me if interested.

blues-core

Reaction score
Got an bit of bargain on a Engl Fireball (£450 in decent condition) so I'm note looking for a 5150. Had totally forgotten about this post so hadn't posted a reply.

Latest posts

')