WTF is this sh*t?

• Thread starter DrakkarTyrannis
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
"Good" growls aren't necessarily easy either... Just saying. I've tried it and it's not something I was just immediately able to do. There are some bands that just grunt, but there are also ppl like Jens Kidman, Akerfeldt, Corpse Grinder, Randy (LoG), Angela (Arch Enemy) that can do screamed vocals and in *my* opinion, mesh quite well with their band. :agreed:

I don't see how bashing the vocals is any different from bashing the guitar/bass playing... "It's shit because I don't like it."

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I hate the discussion of feeling...

One's inability to feel something does not denote an inherent absence of "feeling"...

End of story

Furthermore, unless you're reading the artist(s)'s thought process as you listen to the music you can neither confirm nor deny the conveyance of the "feeling" in question. Even if such a scenario *were* possible the determination of whether or not the appropriate feelings were conveyed accurately is still completely subjective.

I'm confused that you said, "Not this again..." and then you went on to say the same thing I said?

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I'm confused that you said, "Not this again..." and then you went on to say the same thing I said?

My bad, man. I said that in reference to the "feel vs technique" conversation in general.

It wasn't directed at you specifically.

Antimatter

Reaction score
Here's what I don't understand:

Why is it cool to be so awesomely technical on guitar, bass, drums, keys but the only cool thing to do on vox is go UGHGGHGHH RAAAAAAWWW GRRR UUUHHHH?

Learn to fucking sing asshole, you're dragging your whole band down.

If you're going to play guitar like a 21st century cyborg, why have a caveman vocalist? It doesn't fit the music at all in theory or in practice.

Here's what I don't understand:

Why is it cool to be so awesomely technical on guitar, bass, drums, keys but the only cool thing to do on vox is go LAAA LAAA LAAA LAA

Learn to fucking sing asshole, you're dragging your whole band down.

If you're going to play guitar like a 21st century cyborg, why have a bird vocalist? It doesn't fit the music at all in theory or in practice.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Sure, I'll play...

What KONFYOUZD doesn't get:

Why does everyone feel like they can tell everyone else what they *should* do/play?

Why not just buy you're own fuckin' guitar (like most of us already have), make music that you think should be made and lead by example w/ your fuckin' mouth shut. Let the noobs and the unworthy sit around and speculate... :shrug:

Antimatter

Reaction score
Sure, I'll play...

What KONFYOUZD doesn't get:

Why does everyone else feel like they can tell everyone else what they *should* do/play?

Why not just buy you're own fuckin' guitar (like most of us already have), make music that you think should be made and lead by example w/ your fuckin' mouth shut. Let the noobs and the unworthy sit around and speculate... :shrug:

True, but critics have to make money somehow.

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
I love beneath the massacre even if the 2 albums sound like one big endless song...their slower stuff (yup theres 2 or 3 songs like that) are the best IMO

troyguitar

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the fact that it's growling. Yeah I hate that shit but that's just my opinion. The fact is that the growling is not even in the same universe of technicality as the rest of the band.

If that fucker were growling out scales and arpeggios like some kind of aria from hell, then it would fit. I still would hate it, but at least he would fit in the band.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the fact that it's growling. Yeah I hate that shit but that's just my opinion. The fact is that the growling is not even in the same universe of technicality as the rest of the band.

If that fucker were growling out scales and arpeggios like some kind of aria from hell, then it would fit. I still would hate it, but at least he would fit in the band.

I think that in choosing the style they did they've already demonstrated that they don't care what you think "fits".

Antimatter

Reaction score

That's not how growling works. It's not singing, it doesn't pitch.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
It's a true statement. Do I have to learn how to do it myself and post a demo? :lol:

If that's what makes you happy go ahead. I don't see how going through all that trouble to prove a point that's only really true to *some* ppl makes you less of a douche, but whatever...

')