Wu-Tang Clan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick1

Reaction score
Ive been a fan of the WTC since the mid 90s. Them as well as Dr. Dre, Snoop, the Geto Boyz, Method Man and Ice Cube are all great.

Riffer

No Title
Reaction score
Not a fan. And one of the members in their posse punched Brent from Mastodon in the head at the MTV VMAs' and put him in a coma, thats fucked up. :noway:

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I thought too, but today I was reading an interview with Brent in Premier Guitar magazine dated from September 2009 and it said a Wu-Tang posse member did it. There was no mention of System of a Down.

I wonder how the hell they go to that? I;ve never heard that before and I'm sure i've seen video interviews mentioning the soad guys

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
sounds like the dude was being a drunk asshole and got delt with!
no matter who did it.
" "an inebriated Hinds was leaving Mandalay Bay around 3 a.m. when he encountered Odadjian and musician William Hudson at the hotel's west valet area. Hinds took off his shirt and hit Odadjian with it, then struck Hudson in both the face and chest, prompting Odadjian to advise Hinds 'to relax,' several times. "The police report then indicates both Odadjian and Hudson punched Hinds in the face, knocking him to the ground. An unidentified friend of Hinds, who reportedly witnessed the event, rushed to the musician's aid and apologized to Odadjian and Hudson, saying Hinds was 'just drunk,' according to the police report. Odadjian and Hudson were both questioned by police on the scene.'

Mexi

Reaction score
36 chambers and wu-tang forever are classics
after 'the W', their lyrical prowess began to wane.

big sal cbk

Reaction score
a group i think that when they get it right they're excellent but they get it wrong more often than not. wouldn't consider myself a fan of the group itself but i think most of them are amazing individually, especially ghost face and rza, which is a shame because pontentially they could've put out some better material over the years.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I.Fucking.Love.The.Wu.Tang.Clan.

Another couple essentials:

And some ODB, for good measure:

Ckackley

Reaction score
I saw them live at a Lolapalooza years and years ago. The one Metallica headlined. It was the most boring hour of my life unfortunately. :-( Maybe it was the live presentation, because I've heard some recorded stuff that wasn't bad, but that day it was an hour of monotone rhyming with no personality.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
sounds like the dude was being a drunk asshole and got delt with!
no matter who did it.
" "an inebriated Hinds was leaving Mandalay Bay around 3 a.m. when he encountered Odadjian and musician William Hudson at the hotel's west valet area. Hinds took off his shirt and hit Odadjian with it, then struck Hudson in both the face and chest, prompting Odadjian to advise Hinds 'to relax,' several times. "The police report then indicates both Odadjian and Hudson punched Hinds in the face, knocking him to the ground. An unidentified friend of Hinds, who reportedly witnessed the event, rushed to the musician's aid and apologized to Odadjian and Hudson, saying Hinds was 'just drunk,' according to the police report. Odadjian and Hudson were both questioned by police on the scene.'

Pretty much.

I love Mastodon and Brent is a killer player, but he can really be a boozed up, drugged up, fuck head.

He got so "messed up" at Bonnaroo that he was playing the wrong songs, out of time, and sloppy. It was so bad they had to leave the stage after just three "songs". It's one thing to get a little tipsy before a relatively small show, but to be drugged up before an audience of several thousand is kinda dickish. Especially for the rest of the band.

I still love them though. :)

Necky379

Reaction score
I saw them live at a Lolapalooza years and years ago. The one Metallica headlined. It was the most boring hour of my life unfortunately. :-( Maybe it was the live presentation, because I've heard some recorded stuff that wasn't bad, but that day it was an hour of monotone rhyming with no personality.

saw them with cypress hill and rage against the machine at randall's island and yeah...they sucked. im not a fan in the first place, i was there to see rage.
one of the members kept yelling "all the energy you give to us!...we gon give it right back!" over and over like an idiot throughout the performance. the rest of crowd wasn't into it either for the most part. rage played next and the crowd went ape shit.

metal_tones

Reaction score
Ive been a fan of the WTC since the mid 90s. Them as well as Dr. Dre, Snoop, the Geto Boyz, Method Man and Ice Cube are all great.

Same for me. I was also digging the ole' dirty bastard!!!
Don't listen to that stuff much any more though. I would have to say Ice Cube was probably my favorite. His AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted cd was awesome!! The Gravediggas were pretty good too.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
')