X2N 7 or Tone Zone 7 for RG 1527

X2N 7 or Tone Zone 7 for Rg 1527?

• Total voters

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
Which one do you think will be better for an RG 1527 and why would you pick that pick up over the other?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Man those two pickups couldn't be any further at each end of the spectrum. The X2N is super high output and very bright, while the Tone Zone has much less output and is very warm with a big bottom end. What kind of tone are you looking for?

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
Huge bottom end and plenty of mids, espcially the lower mids but not muddy. I don't want it to be too warm, but somewhat warm. I definitely do not want something very bright.

A band that I like the tone of would be Nevermore, but I am not looking to duplicate it.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I get a lot of Nevermore-ish tones out of my X2N 7 in my Avenger, but its Mahogany so its a tad darker, but the pickup isn't too overly bright really, its pretty well balanced to my ears, and the low end is simply crushing. I'd give it a try, and if you don't like it you can send it back to DiMarzio to try something else. I think a Blaze or Blaze Custom might be more up your alley personally.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
poll said:
I know one that smokes both

Bare Knuckle Pickups Miracle Man. You described it exactly when you said "Huge bottom end and plenty of mids, especially the lower mids but not muddy. I don't want it to be too warm, but somewhat warm."

Another possibility is the Warpig with a ceramic magnet, but from what I've heard and been told, the Miracle Man is exactly what you want. :yesway:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the Miracle Man would be ideal if you want to go BKP. If not I would go D-Sonic 7.

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
The Miracle Man sounds killer on a 6 stringer (checked out the BKP sound clips). Too bad he used the neck pickup as rythm, I usually use the bridge. If anybody got a clip of the MM in the bridge position please link me or post it, I'm really interested in them now. Downside is that they cost a lot, and I don't even know if they can ship a set to where I am. I'll send BKP an email to see if they can ship a set in, but so far, I'm considering a Blaze Custom (Also cheaper and I'm not sure if I'm going to get a new amp).

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
I sent emails to both Dimarzio and BKP regarding the price and shipping cost. To my surprise, BKP is just a little more expensive (I thought it would be much more expensive compared to Dimarzio). So if I'm getting new pickups, It'll definitely be BKP. I'm looking at other options from BKP (Warpigs, Nailbomb etc) but I think I'll stick with the Miracle Man 7.

Thanks guys I really appreciate your help, looking forward to ordering the MM 7 set.:shred:

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Be careful when you order the BKP's. Make sure you specify to Tim that they will be going into an Ibby so he uses the proper tabs and short pole screws.

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
Whats the main difference between the Ceramic Warpigs 7 set and the Miracle Man 7 set tonally?:scratch:

Stormingdust

السفن سترنج أونج
Reaction score
The high-end ,the chunk.
It's like choosing weapons.
MM is a Katana ,and CWarpig is a Broad sword!

YEAAAAAAH, THE BROAD SWORD IS THUNDEROWNAGE!!!! :hbang:
What would you classify the stock pickups as? To be honest, they aren't that bad. They just sound so muddy in the low b string that it makes it hard to distinguish the notes that one plays. Might be because of the amp, because the rest of the strings sound great. Sounds beautiful split coil on the clean channel, but I'm really more of a Take-No-Prisoners, Metal-In-Your-Face type of guy and the clean channel isn't a priority to me. I like pickups to have balls, really big ones. :lol: