X2N vs D-Sonic vs Blackout

• Thread starter Op3a
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Op3a

ENGL FTW!
Reaction score
Guys, I can buy a EMG 707 for 85€ (here they costs 130€+-) . What you think, I will get a better sound? How much wood I would have to take off to put the 707 in?
cheers

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
Sorry but if you've got to route, carve or gouge to have a better pickup..IMO, it's not worth it.......Get the freakin Dimarzio......Sorry, just my experience with EMG's has been rather pale compared to Dimarzios. Again....Just MY opinion....

BloodBurner666

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering what pickup to use for my RG7321. Im looking for a chuggy, rlly tight tone. For example, when you can hear the pick dig right through the strings and every note of a chord rings clearly. A good example for a tone I'm looking for is the song Erroneous Manipulation by Meshhugah or anything by August Burns Red or AS I Lay Dying. Also, I dislike pickups with a "mid scoop" voicing so please dont suggest anything along those lines. Any opinions would be appreciated :3

PS. Sorry, but Im quite new here. I dont know how to make new threads, so this is the only way I know that allows me to post. If you have any idea how to create polls and shit, please help. Also, i'm very sorry for making a new reply to a 2 year old thread :(

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just wondering what pickup to use for my RG7321. Im looking for a chuggy, rlly tight tone. For example, when you can hear the pick dig right through the strings and every note of a chord rings clearly. A good example for a tone I'm looking for is the song Erroneous Manipulation by Meshhugah or anything by August Burns Red or AS I Lay Dying. Also, I dislike pickups with a "mid scoop" voicing so please dont suggest anything along those lines. Any opinions would be appreciated :3

PS. Sorry, but Im quite new here. I dont know how to make new threads, so this is the only way I know that allows me to post. If you have any idea how to create polls and shit, please help. Also, i'm very sorry for making a new reply to a 2 year old thread :(

Why would you dislike pickups with a mid-scoop? They have better cleans IMO, and if you want more mids just use a Tubescreamer. They'll give you better clarity too, where you can really hear every note in a chord. The notes don't run together as much when you're playing fast, too.

')