X2N vs D-Sonic vs Blackout

• Thread starter Op3a
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Op3a

ENGL FTW!
Reaction score
Hey guys. So, I have a RG7620 w/ a Evo, and don't like very much the pickup.. It got very midrange, and even with equalization, my guitar have more mids that i want. So, i will buy a new pickup. I had looking to the X2N, to the D-Sonic and of course, to the blackout. Wich you guys recomend? Or give me another suggestion :)
cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Op3a

ENGL FTW!
Reaction score
^I was thinking in a pickup with more output :scratch: No? :D

Edroz

new album soon!
Reaction score
^I was thinking in a pickup with more output :scratch: No? :D

i've found the Blaze bridge to be plenty hot, and it's eq curve compliments basswood nicely...

i love the X2N7 as well, but in a basswood bodied guitar it sounds a little bland to me. that one seems to take to neck-thru guitars better IMO.

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
D-Sonic sounds great in a 7620. I think you would be very pleased if you dropped one of them bad boys in your 7620......

Op3a

ENGL FTW!
Reaction score
^I heard that the D-sonic 7 was an fail atempted to put the D-Sonic 6 in the 7's world. So, you says that this is false, right?

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
I say it is....Just my opinion of course but I thought my D-Sonic sounded great in my 7620. It would give you just about what your looking for as far as eliminating those mids of the Evo-7. Make sure your wiring is nice and neat though with no bare wires because that D-sonic can be noisy...stay away from outlets when playing. They tend to pick up noise from outlets and such........Anyway I'm extremely happy with mine either in my 7620 or in my 7320. It's a great pickup....

JBroll

Hard-On For Freedom™
Contributor
Reaction score
^I heard that the D-sonic 7 was an fail atempted to put the D-Sonic 6 in the 7's world. So, you says that this is false, right?

D Sonic 7 is a cream-filled win donut with badass icing.

And by cream I mean more win.

Jeff

Op3a

ENGL FTW!
Reaction score
^Yes it is. But by the dimarzio site, the blaze custom have the same mids than the evo. So, between the D-Sonic and the X2n, the D-sonic would be better choice? Or i should go to a blackout? Damn, so many option, i'm confused :(

EdgeCrusher

Reaction score
Nice! How do you like it compared to the Evo7? I've been wondering how they compare to each other.

Op3a

ENGL FTW!
Reaction score
Guys, and if I don't buy a new pickup, stick with the evo, and buy a tubescreamer to give me more bite. What you think?

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
The D-sonic is still gonna be a mid-y pickup. I vote for the blaze! Don't let the output ratings on their website fool you!

If you bought a tube screamer or Bloody Murder overdrive, you'd only end up accenting the mids.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
the blaze is definitely a scooped sounding pickup

EdgeCrusher

Reaction score
Definitely pick up a Tubescreamer first as it will give you more bite for that "modern" sound. It will add a bit more mids, but you can always turn them down a bit on the amp.

I personally like the D Sonic more than the Blaze because I like alot of mids and the Blaze sounded kinda bland to me; its not bad, but it left me wanting more.

TMatt142

vagitarian
Reaction score
Nice! How do you like it compared to the Evo7? I've been wondering how they compare to each other.

Huge difference! The D-Sonic can handle the lows really well while the Evo 7 tends to get....not so much muddy like the stock new 7's but I guess...how can I say this, .....not sure...Low B stuff is rough....with the Evo with distortion. I really like them both. The Evo handles lead type stuff great...it just screams. The D-Sonic does well with leads but is a bit more mellow...And I for one don't think that the D-Sonic has a lot of mids....It has em but compared to the Evo, very little...

')