X2N7 or D Sonic 7 for S7320?

• Thread starter Shep1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shep1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a proud owner of a S7320, I fell in love with it after playing one at a shop a year ago and have never looked back! However I feel like the bridge pickup (neck pup isn't too bad) lacks a lot of definition and clarity on the low B to D strings, very muddy indeed.

After reading through all the posts, i've whittled it down to 2 possible pickups, the X2N7 and the D Sonic 7 (although the Bare Knuckle Painkiller also looks good). I've been recommended the D Sonic by a friend, but I want a number of opinions before I go ahead and buy. I play prog metal music like Symphony X and DT-esque stuff. The main thing is that I want a pickup that's going to retain clarity in the lower strings, with quite a bit of bass but without sacraficing the treble and with a bit of a scooped mid range. I feel like at times I'm purposely picking much harder on the lower strings just to get the definition and power I want from the stock pups. The S7320 is mahogany for anyone who's unaware.

Hope you can help and I'm looking forward to getting involved in the community here as anything 7 string related on the net always points to this site!

Thanks,
Shep

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I_infect

Reaction score
Personally, I love the Evo 7 in the S7320. Very defined, tight, and explosive. A Warpig 7 also sounded pretty scooped imo... dunno about the D-sonic or X2N though sorry.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
i tried a D sonic just recently when choosin pups for my 7. I went with the Crunchlab 7 instead. Its basically the D sonic re tweaked and it gets rid of some of the power/definition problems. i really like it and coil taps really well.

i would imagine ths X2N7 would do something similar but have a bit more balls but possibly less definition.

also the liquifire is one of the best neck pups ive played. hope this helps!

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
d sonic! i couldn't be happier... but then again, i haven't tried a crunchlab yet!

')