Xbox One

• Thread starter RustInPeace
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

texshred777

Reaction score
Bricked may not be an appropriate term, and of course speculation about the ins/outs is premature at this point.

Regardless, anything beyond banning online play to a particular user seems too much to me. It also makes me worry about the(likely rare) user who gets banned without merit. Again I'm sure it's rare, but happens. That'd be a shitty scenario to not only get banned from online play but lose access to games they paid for.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
I still have two 1-year XBL subscription cards. So I will be good to go when I do snag one of these. Not getting it(or the PS4 for that matter) at launch, as a new guitar is higher on my list than a new console.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I still have two 1-year XBL subscription cards. So I will be good to go when I do snag one of these. Not getting it(or the PS4 for that matter) at launch, as a new guitar is higher on my list than a new console.

This dude has his priorities in place.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Isn't that normal for E3, and wasn't Sony doing the same thing?

Some devs that were at the PS4 booth said that they were using Dev kits that were specced similar to PS4s. Microsoft was supposedly using PCs with Nvidia GTX Titan cards.

Aceshighhhh

Reaction score
Isn't that normal for E3, and wasn't Sony doing the same thing?

The Playstation 4 demo's were running on ps4 devkits, which are basically just prototypes with the same or similar hardware.

And whether or not that's normal, it still doesn't make it right imo. It's a complete misrepresentation of their games. And then people wonder why the finished product ends up looking nothing like the e3 demo.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Until the consoles are launched, all conferences this year are going to use the DevKits.

If you cracked open a PS4 dev kit, I think you'd be surprised to find that they're similar to the XBone's.

They want to give the Developers and the Industry people the best possible experience. Sometimes that means the parts that are going into the console just doesn't cut it.

Aceshighhhh

Reaction score
Until the consoles are launched, all conferences this year are going to use the DevKits.

If you cracked open a PS4 dev kit, I think you'd be surprised to find that they're similar to the XBone's.

They want to give the Developers and the Industry people the best possible experience. Sometimes that means the parts that are going into the console just doesn't cut it.

The Xbox One "devkits" were running on PC Desktops equipped with NVIDIA GTX 780 Video Cards.
Xbox One Games At E3 Were Running On Windows 7 With Nvidia GTX Cards?

The PS4 devkits ran on a prototype console with hardware very similar to that of the final consumer relase.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
New Xbox 'a sin against all service members' | Army Times | armytimes.com

Got to say, I didn't see THIS one coming. Their reasons are all entirely valid despite the histrionic headline and it's somewhat hilarious that this Xbone debacle has reached the level of people proclaiming "MS HATES SERVICEMEN"

I gotta say, I did see that one coming. I just didn't think Microsoft would be dumb enough to see it and actually say something to fan the flames and not back down.

I really thought they would see the potential PR shit-storm coming and realize that they should absolutely NOT piss off the service men & women of the United States. I guess I had more faith that an American company wouldn't be that stupid as to piss off the home base.:nono:

And this is where Sony excels. They know better than to piss off their home base and that's why they have never not dominated in Japan.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
If Playstation had Forza, Halo, and better controllers, I'd be all over it.

But, despite the fact that there are some things I don't like about X1, it will be my console of choice.

I wonder if I can setup a little mirror in front of the kinect? Make it look at the ceiling. :lol:

Edit: And before anyone gets on me for the better controllers part; I genuinely dislike Playstation controllers and I have since the original. I don't like where the joysticks are and I don't like the triggers. :)

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
People are really touting the feel of the new controller, so maybe hold off and see for yourself when Demo units start showing up at retailers.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I really like the 360 analog stick layout, but I never understood the hate for the Dualshock layout. I don't think it's that bad at all. :shrug:

Then again, I've been using the DS ever since it's release, back when I was a wee little shit. :lol:

halomojo

Reaction score
I really like the 360 analog stick layout, but I never understood the hate for the Dualshock layout. I don't think it's that bad at all. :shrug:

Then again, I've been using the remote ever since the Dualshock 1 was released, back when I was a wee little shit. :lol:

I don't HATE the dualshock layout, I just think that the off axis joysticks feels much more comfortable to me. There are good 3rd party controller manufacturers nowadays, so it's not really an issue.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
They make them by 3rd parties. This one is supposedly really good.

FUS1ON Tournament Controller for PS3 - Perfect Analog Control for Tournament Gamers | PowerA

and there are others that are cheaper like afterglow. In time I'm sure there will be some for the PS4. They also make adapters as well.

Awesome, thanks for the link. I tried one I picked up at Gamestop (not an inexpensive one either) but as most third party controllers, the stick sensitivity is way off.

/Edit - apparently I have the original PowerA controller for PS3.

The controller has honestly been my major hurdle in not loving my PS3 more. It's not that the PS3 controller is bad either, it's just the 360 controller is so much more comfortable to me, and the offset stick position just makes more sense for precision movement I think.

However, I'm leaning towards the PS4 as the first system I pick up, particularly after playing "The Last of Us." Naughty Dog as officially replaced Bungie as my favorite console developer so I really want to play what they put out as it's all been consistently excellent on this generation.

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
Everytime I see "Naughty Dog" I think of the old Pro Paintball team..

Now I want a PS4 with a giant ass paw print on it..

')