XEN European Run - Feeler

Which XEN model for a European run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm working toward that eventually.
All I really care about is that the builders have enough work and a decent enough labor rate to not have to worry about their personal finances, and that xen customers get great guitars for good prices. I'm tired of seeing great builders close up shop because they couldn't sustain themselves.

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
Interested party from the UK here, I messaged you a few months ago but school has been a pain. Still very much interested in an 8-string DC and would like to hop on for this given the chance

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
would the specs I asked for (well I can adjust woods and stuff but really I mean my ridiculous fretboard idea) still be an option?

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
would the specs I asked for (well I can adjust woods and stuff but really I mean my ridiculous fretboard idea) still be an option?
I'll check with Rusti to see what he thinks. I love the idea, but we'll need to see if he's up for it and whether or not we need to add a labor surcharge for it. Talk soon.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry for the lack of updates. We had a rough few days at my house with whatever crud my son caught at school. Now that the unpleasantness is about over I can get back to business.

We've narrowed down the basic spec lists, but I need to confirm with Rusti that he has relatively easy access to everything on the lists.

Rusti is OK with building whatever you guys want for the run, so no worries on having to lock it down to one or two model choices. More updates very soon.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Quick update.
We're trying to determine the best methods for wood sourcing in Italy. It will influence our costs. I should have more details within the next few days so we can start going through basic specs and upgrade options.
Thanks for your patience!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
PM me a price and wait on HDC with a long scale, 27 to 30 or something, I may be very interested

nangillala

Reaction score
Hi,
I'd be interested in a HSC, but I've got one question:
Can one play that guitar in the "classical position"? So resting on your left leg? I can imagine this won't be possible because of the tuners, right? Maybe then the SC would be better suited for me?!

Now it would all come down to the price. I'm looking forward to news :)

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
Can one play that guitar in the "classical position"? So resting on your left leg? I can imagine this won't be possible because of the tuners, right? Maybe then the SC would be better suited for me?!

You're right, in the classical seated position you'd probably be better off going for a headstock version. Otherwise I would recommend playing with a strap even if seated, and strap it high.

I just picked up one of these: GRUV GEAR · DuoStrap Signature "Damian Erskine" Ergonomic Double Strap · MAKE LIFE GRUV to try and mitigate neck dive even further. I'll be trying it out on my bass first, but I picked it up specifically for the ACN10 that Joe will be building. The intent is to raise the neck up almost to a touch style playing angle.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Base prices for this run are as follows:

Standard (DC/SC/CC/OXC)
6 Strings: $2,499 - 20%: $1,999
7 Strings: $2,549 - 20%: $2,039
8 Strings: $2,599 - 20%: $2,079
9 Strings: $2,649 - 20%: $2,119
10 Strings: $2,699 - 20%: $2,159

Headless (HDC/HSC/HCC/OXC)
6 Strings: $2,699 - 20%: $2,159
7 Strings: $2,749 - 20%: $2,199
8 Strings: $2,799 - 20%: $2,239
9 Strings: $2,849 - 20%: $2,279
10 Strings: $2,899 - 20%: $2,319

ACS/ACN
6 Strings: $2,799 - 20%: $2,239
7 Strings: $2,849 - 20%: $2,279
8 Strings: $2,899 - 20%: $2,319
9 Strings: $2,949 - 20%: $2,359
10 Strings: $2,999 - 20%: $2,399

These base prices include these standard features and options:

Solidbodies
Body Wing Woods: Alder or Mahogany
Top Woods: Flamed or Quilted Maple, Plain Mahogany, or Walnut
Neck Woods: Maple/Wenge/Bubinga/Wenge/Maple Laminate
Fingerboards: Maple, Indian Rosewood, Bubinga
Stain or Natural Color with Satin Finish
Inlays: Luminlay (Side Dots Only)
Hardware Color: Chrome or Black
Tuning Machines: Hipshot
Bridges and Headpieces: ABM
Pickups: Lace (X-Bar Deathbar Combo)
Gig Bag or Economy Case

Acoustic/Electrics
Body Frame and Back Cap: Mahogany
Top Woods: Flamed or Quilted Maple
Neck Woods: Mahogany/Wenge/Bubinga/Wenge/Mahogany Laminate
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Stain or Natural Color with Satin Finish
Inlays: Luminlay (Side Dots Only)
Hardware Color: Gold
Tuning Machines: Schaller
Bridges: Ebony
Electronics: Graphtech Piezo
Gig Bag or Economy Case

We're working on the price list for upgrade options like highly figured or alternative woods, hardware colors, optional pickup options, and cases (though I'm confident we'll be able to stick with $200 for the military-spec SKB).

The prices will revert to standard once we lock up the run.

Anyone who knows they want in on the run can message me here or at xenstringedinstruments@yahoo.com with your desired specs so we can start gauging the potential volume.

Last edited:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Let's give it through the end of April and see where we stand.

Tordah

Reaction score
Hi,

From my personal experience with Steinbergers, classical position works just dandy even with the tuners in the way; they just rest against your thigh. Of course they don't shift because they're such a high ratio.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Any ETA on an actual US based run? Extremely interested in getting a Xen but I'd rather avoid the shipping/any import amounts that'd come with this run. D:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Any ETA on an actual US based run? Extremely interested in getting a Xen but I'd rather avoid the shipping/any import amounts that'd come with this run. D:
Once the OAF Autumn run wraps up, which shouldn't be more than another month or so, we'll start prepping a North American run.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Oh God. I have no idea how I'm going to afford to get in on that...but I will find a way.

How much do male prostitutes make nowadays anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')