XEN European Run - Feeler

Which XEN model for a European run?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Will do. We're putting together the details for the next run with Oakland Axe Factory so you should see something posted in the next couple of weeks.

Man... I really hope I can make certain moves soon enough to get in on this... It might need to happen. Is Tom going to be building the acoustics too? Has anyone ordered one even?

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I want one with a Floyd too! We may offer that in the next North American run.

Joe Egan is building the first acoustic and it is already sold. :)

celticelk

Reaction score
Man... I really hope I can make certain moves soon enough to get in on this... It might need to happen. Is Tom going to be building the acoustics too? Has anyone ordered one even?

I will likely be ordering a fanned 8 nylon-string as soon as I can get the money together.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
You speak my mind, sir.

I was walking from the bus stop today trying to decide whether I need a nylon or steel stringed 8. I came to the conclusion that I need both, but would be crazy to get both at the same time. :lol:

Griffo

Reaction score
Any word on pricing/build times yet? May be interested in a 6-string hardtail if possible!

Voted OXC.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
For prices, we're going to do 20% off of the XEN street prices.
That would make a headless OXC6 $2,129.
Build times are estimated at 4-6 months.
I'll post more details as time permits. I still have to do my day job. ;)

Last edited:

Maurobrazil

Reaction score
Oh my god !!! My OXC on the way, house have some repairs and painting and now a XEN run with Nylon fan fret model!!!!
I´ll have to double work now ... must check to see if i will have money... but put my name on the list for a ACN 7 string...

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh my god !!! My OXC on the eay, house have some repairs and painting and now a XEN run with Nylon fan fret model!!!!
I´ll have to double work now ... must check to see if i will have money... but put my name on the list for a ACN 7 string...
Maybe we can go ahead and start piecing together a run with Joe Egan! :hbang:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I've got cash on hand for an HACN9 ;)
I'm working to find or design a good hardware solution that won't push the price right out of reach for the nylon versions. Steel strings don't pose an issue for headless setups, but nylon strings stretch and the lack of a ball end complicates things at the bridge end.
The Toone system is good for nylon, but a 6 string setup costs more than I'm charging for the guitar.
The ABM hardware may work for nylon, but nylon does stretch so the short pull of an ABM 3801 may not be enough. I have to test it.
Steinberger gearless tuners aren't suited to nylon strings so they're not even an option.
Bear with me. It's something I am desperately trying to get right.

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
I'm working to find or design a good hardware solution that won't push the price right out of reach for the nylon versions. Steel strings don't pose an issue for headless setups, but nylon strings stretch and the lack of a ball end complicates things at the bridge end.
The Toone system is good for nylon, but a 6 string setup costs more than I'm charging for the guitar.
The ABM hardware may work for nylon, but nylon does stretch so the short pull of an ABM 3801 may not be enough. I have to test it.
Steinberger gearless tuners aren't suited to nylon strings so they're not even an option.
Bear with me. It's something I am desperately trying to get right.

No worries, I'd rather see it done right than done now :) Still very excited!

I had no idea the Toone hardware was so expensive :eek: No wonder I rarely see it!

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys. I talked to Rusti about building both headless and headstock models in this run and he's all for it. I don't think we'll have to narrow it down to only one model or configuration either, but if you would, please start listing your model and spec preferences, and also whether or not you may be able to commit so we can get an idea of where we're headed.
Thanks guys! You rule!

baryton

Reaction score
Raaahhhhh :wallbash:
Hope they will another opportunities !!

Ps: Eric, Juste le temps que je reçoive ma Boden 8 et comme je te l'ai dit plusieurs fois c'est SUR que je te passe une commande pour une HCS ou HCC fin 2013 debut 2014. J'ai vraiment eu un gros coup de coeur!!!!!
En Italie.... c'est à coté de chez moi en plus... Je suis fou là :lol:

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
HDC 10 (or OXC 10) with angled LACE (I know we may cannot have this choice, we talked about this)
Yes, Lace is the best readily available option for the 10s (even the fanned 9s really), but if you don't mind paying for custom pickups there are other options out there. Anyone considering it should let me know so I can provide the manufacturers with spacing specs based on the chosen scale length.

Raaahhhhh :wallbash:
Hope they will another opportunities !!
Ps: Eric, Juste le temps que je reçoive ma Boden 8 et comme je te l'ai dit plusieurs fois c'est SUR que je te passe une commande pour une HCS ou HCC fin 2013 debut 2014. J'ai vraiment eu un gros coup de coeur!!!!!
En Italie.... c'est à coté de chez moi en plus... Je suis fou là :lol:
Of course man! I want to keep all of the builders busy all year round! :agreed:

(J'en serai ravi mon vieux! Ce sera un très grand privilège de voir mes guitares à coté de vrais oeuvres d'art comme les .strandberg*.)

InfinityAndThree

Reaction score
I'm still pretty unsure of what I'd go for. It'd either be a OXC or HDC 8 string, or a OXC 6 string... So probably not too helpful! :lol:

If I do go for it I wont be able to splash out on loads of upgrades (quite happy to stick on base specs anyway tbh!), but on your website it seems to say a top is included in the price? If that's the case, does that mean you could get one without a top for less too? Although I'm not sure I'll be able to resist a blue stained spalt top! One thing I would be interested in would be stainless steel frets. Would that be a possibility?

One final question: do your necks have any reinforcement other than the truss rod (like graphite rods or a KTS equivalent)? That would definitely be a bonus.

As I said before, I can't guarantee anything, but I'm gonna see what I can get together. I guess my 7's going back up for sale! I'll try and let you know over the next few days.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Base specs will most likely need to be narrowed down for this run, and possibly in general. You'll probably bee seeing major changes on the website soon. It costs Rusti a lot more than it does Tom or Joe to source his woods so we have to take it into consideration.
Leaving the top off won't affect the price enough to make up for the bland appearance of the guitar's finish, but I can confirm an amount with you offline once I talk to Rusti about it.
I'll check with him on ss frets to be sure, but I think we should be able to offer them as an optional upgrade.
The standard XEN neck is a 5 piece laminate so it will be very strong as is, but I do like using graphite reinforcement. As a long time Steinberger player I just feel more comfortable knowing there's graphite in my neck somewhere.

I appreciate the input and feedback and hope you're able to get in on this run!

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Here's what we're looking at so far:
CC/DC/SC: 8
HCC/HDC/HSC: 13
OXC: 5
Bass: 1
ACN/ACS: 3
Other: 0

I don't see the need to narrow it down to only one or two models, and I would definitely love to see that bass come to life. :agreed:
I will need to talk to Rusti about the ACN/ACS, but I'm sure he'll be up for it too.

I'll be posting the modified spec and options list between tonight and Sunday - sorry, busy with the day job. :wallbash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')