Xerath II. Can. Not. Wait.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
why the fuck was this guy playing bass?

Because their old guitarist Andy is equally as awesome (I actually think Owain is better but my friend who is a decent shredder thinks Andy is better) though he is now persuing a career in IT and managing the band. Put it this way: Owain has been playing guitar since he was 4 years old and is now 26, so he has been playing guitar for the entirety of my lifetime :lol: He's also read every single issue of Guitar Techniques magazine ever printed :ugh:

These guys are my brooooos. I was meant to do a second horrificly offensive joke band with Owain (we already have one called Deathcore A-Go-Go with which our first song on SoundClick reached #5 in Metal for that week :lol:) and so I could jam on his new Jackson but I moved away.

Their drummer is also a fucking sick guitarist. I walked past his room thinking they were playing a Steve Vai track, only to walk in and see Mike playing guitar.
I was like this :ugh:... :noplease:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
great players.

I honestly thought the first one was a snooze fest. Cool influences and playing that didn't really develop into songs I liked, but this sounds promising and I can wait to here it.

Sounds like they laid off the Meshuggah a bit, which is good.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I just discovered Xerath recently, I loved it. Can't believe I never heard it before now.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
great players.

I honestly thought the first one was a snooze fest. Cool influences and playing that didn't really develop into songs I liked, but this sounds promising and I can wait to here it.

Sounds like they laid off the Meshuggah a bit, which is good.

Most of the influence came from Andy. They all like and listen to Meshuggah, but Andy was the one who wrote the Meshuggh-esque riffs. If you hear a Pantera-esque riff anywhere, that's one of Owain's :lol:

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
yeah I really dig his playing on these vids. his right hand is hellish

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Xerath are fucking sick. I hear they're using a proper orchestra for the new album, should be awesome.

JimMetal001

Reaction score
Hi! Was just perusing the forum and saw a bunch of Xerath, one of my fav bands! Didnt think anyone else was into them lol

Ive chatted to the guys a few times when theyve come up to the Hobgoblin in london, cool guys.

Apparently Andy hasnt really written anything for Xerath II, just Rich and the other guys.

Nice to meet you all btw!!!

Jim

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Now, if only they had US distribution (correct me if I'm incorrect)

I really need to buy Xerath - I

clouds

Reaction score
Pumped for this. "I" was amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Also, I don't think "I" was as Meshuggah-esque as people it make out to be, but that's just me.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Apparently Andy hasnt really written anything for Xerath II, just Rich and the other guys.

That's because Andy isn't in the band anymore :)

Rich is such a handful when he's drunk, gets in to such much trouble!

I watched him get turned down by a girl at Bloodstock, it was hilarious :lol:

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Weird. Just got an email notification for a response to this thread, but the post isn't actually here. Mods?

OwainXerath has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Xerath II. Can. Not. Wait. - in the General Music Discussion forum of Sevenstring.org.
This thread is located at:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/ge...n/142420-xerath-ii-can-not-wait-new-post.html
Here is the message that has just been posted:
Wow guys, seriously fucking wow! Good to know someone's listening :metal:
A few things :lol:
Dave, wtf, when did you move away? I still need you to play some notes on my Jackson and agree it's better than Myk's Loomis :D Yeah we laid off the Meshuggah thing. It wasn't a concious decision, they just seem to have a set of rules that fuck convention. It can be odd time but still be totally headbangable. I dig it, but it's not so much one note, funny rhythm drones anymore. There's riffs. That's it.
My right hand is not hellish, I hate it, I wish it would die and fall off, I can economy pick for days but my alt. picking is terrible. Sweeping is pretty average.
Jim, I know Rich has been to the hobgoblin loads, myself twice, if you see me there punch me and I'll buy you a beer.
US distribution-wise I'm pretty sure Candlelight USA are handling it. I'm not sure of the ins and outs, but we're definitely on iTunes and Amzon etc.
I didn't know we had a digipak?!?! It's fucking ace if we do, but I've never heard of it. Any chance of a link so I can pick up a copy for myself?
Rich is a handful when he's SOBER! It's Mike you gotta watch out for, unless you love manhugs and wrestling dudes.
Oh yeah, Xerath II.... Fuck me if it hasn't blown my arse off! I've only had 5 "test mixes" back from Jacob Hansen, but I keep showing chicks who have no interest in metal. Literally putting earphones in their ears, pressing play, and watching them fuck off home in horror. Ace! It's a step up, definitely!
Oh and Andy had a hand in 2 songs
O x

OwainXerath

Player of Notes
Reaction score
Wierd. I had an entire thread about the Kemper modelling amp disappear recently too! My account is being stupid. Mods?

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Something about that solo just doesn't seem to sound 'right' to my ears.
Like, it's a great solo on it's own, but somehow doesn't totally fit the context to my ears at certain point. Just IMHO though
You're a crazy good player Owain, no doubt:hbang:

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Wierd. I had an entire thread about the Kemper modelling amp disappear recently too! My account is being stupid. Mods?

That's no good.

BTW, (earlier topic) it wasn't a digipack after all, I was mistaken. 'Twas simply a jewel case.

Something about that solo just doesn't seem to sound 'right' to my ears.
Like, it's a great solo on it's own, but somehow doesn't totally fit the context to my ears at certain point. Just IMHO though
You're a crazy good player Owain, no doubt:hbang:

:scratch: Harry, I respect your opinion, but COMPLETELY DISAGREE :lol:
Did you hear his other solo @ 3:36 on the first vid? So, tasty.

')