Yamaha AES RS7

• Thread starter the xkill X
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

the xkill X

Reaction score
Model:Yamaha AES RS7- Baritone drop 7
Year.2006
Made:Japan
Colors:Rusty Red/Burgundy Metallic
Bolt on
1 Dimarzo humbucker.
Maple neck
Alder body
1 volume
LSR Locking Tunners.
AES Bridge/Tune O Matic
Price 1,325.00-if you want one westmooremusic.com is selling them for 1300,00 reason why i got it at guitar center was because i have a card there.

Overall score
9/10

Construction.
The Body its self is an Yamaha Aes body with customization done to it.Amir Derakh(Orgy) designed went to yamaha with a prototype of his custom signature guitar on the bands vapor transmission tour. The band soon was endorse by the company. The Aes ad6 and Aes Rs7 and drop 6 and drop 7 baritones.Yamaha announces the delivery of the 6-string Amir Derakh AES-AD6 and 7-string Ryan Shuck AES-RS7 signature electric guitars. Originally showcased at Winter NAMM 2002, the guitars earned praise for their blend of radical, high tech looks and classic silhouettes.Collaboration between Derakh and Shuck--best known for their work with alt-rock act Orgy--and Yamaha Guitar Development (YGD), both models feature a visually stunning appearance, yet can withstand the punishing demands of for rock, heavy metal, alternative and other harder music styles.. Body its light/alder wood bolt on Maple Neck.Unique headstocks and fingerboards painted to match body color.For the price that been sweet if theres a little more done to it,speaking in which Orgy has some wierd fucking guitars and gear in there aresnal.The guitar should of had a Led Frets on the fret board,But I love wierd designed guitars Parker,Andreas,EXT... along with my aes rs7 i own an old Roland g707 synth controller made in the 80s by ibanez. The Aes rs7 is well crafted yamaha production at its best!.Thoes fucking japs know how to build there fucking guitars.But the AES AD6 And RS7 are no longer in production.

Playablity
Overall this guitar does it all..Rock.Heavy Metal.Alternative music.Action is not to low on the guitar, but not to high the way i like it. I couldnt really tell you in compairson to other 7s after trying the 7321 which the pickups were horrid,and Schecter C7 hellraizer which was a good guitar but i didnt like it for some reason.Neck is smooth painted on both sides ..tuff part about this guitar is not leaving alot of finger print marks.

Sound.
The guitar i believe is Dimarzo Air Norton humbucker but in a interview about 3 years ago shuck was saying on his sig was going to contation a custom dimarzo humbucker with low gain. I love the tone on this thing first time plugging it up to a jcm at GC and it ripped. Clean Channel has a bright/mellow crips clear tone.It varys on the amp you use..i have at home old peavy from the 80s i forgot the name off top my head its all tube 75 watts tho. the guitar Sounds amazing with my amp.

Overall i give it 9/10 due to the features and radical looks and design. I myself play industrial metal/alternative it suites the style well. My next guitar tho will be an RG that i want to customize kinda simlar to this with a reverse headstock.Okay basicly Dino cazares new signature model with dimarzo air norton and led frets and lil scuplture done to it.that would be my ideal guitar.
rs12.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00047.jpg

es13.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The painted fretboard is interesting...that's for sure.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very cool. I don't like pickguards, but the overall design of that guitar is definitely growing on me.

I wish they'd just used LSR tuners instead of doing odd knock-offs based on traditional post-and-knob tuners. At least they're locking.

nikt

LACS Lover
Reaction score
the xkill X: those aren't LSR's, it's shaller custom made for Yamaha tuners.

Love the guitar

Pericles

Reaction score
YES! I've been looking for a review of one of these for a long time! I was concidering getting one, then i saw the price......So i got an Interceptor instead, lol. BTW, what ever happened to orgy?

the xkill X

Reaction score
Pericles said:
YES! I've been looking for a review of one of these for a long time! I was concidering getting one, then i saw the price......So i got an Interceptor instead, lol. BTW, what ever happened to orgy?
Um they put punk statik paranoia there 3 lp out in 2004 right now there doing all there own projects .PSP was decent not the best in my opinion the demos were way better than the acutally cd..But ryan and amir both started up a new band called Julien-K there cd is release 2007.called analog to death. Checkem out there pretty good.

www.myspace.com/julienk

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
darren said:
Very cool. I don't like pickguards, but the overall design of that guitar is definitely growing on me.

I wish they'd just used LSR tuners instead of doing odd knock-offs based on traditional post-and-knob tuners. At least they're locking.

You're the first person I thought of when I saw it.

I'm not even into these type of axes and I'd love to own this one.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno. That painted fretboard reminds me of those cheapo Westone guitars from the '80s with the bright red or blue fretboards. Remember those? I would think they'd get a bit 'sticky', like a laquered maple board on an old Stratocaster.

D-EJ915

Forum MVP
Reaction score
jacksonplayer said:
I dunno. That painted fretboard reminds me of those cheapo Westone guitars from the '80s with the bright red or blue fretboards. Remember those? I would think they'd get a bit 'sticky', like a laquered maple board on an old Stratocaster.
Dean has a series of guitars called "Zone" which are neon and have painted fretboards.

robe108

Reaction score
the xkill X said:
Um they put punk statik paranoia there 3 lp out in 2004 right now there doing all there own projects .PSP was decent not the best in my opinion the demos were way better than the acutally cd..But ryan and amir both started up a new band called Julien-K there cd is release 2007.called analog to death. Checkem out there pretty good.

www.myspace.com/julienk

do you have those demos??:eek: i've been looking for them all over the web!

the xkill X

Reaction score
robe108 said:
do you have those demos??:eek: i've been looking for them all over the web!
i Recorded the demo clips of the songs.
only songs i have the full versions of is
Look at you,this machine,Waking up.

robe108

Reaction score
the xkill X said:
i Recorded the demo clips of the songs.
only songs i have the full versions of is
Look at you,this machine,Waking up.

can you upload them??? please!:hbang:

JHyper7

Reaction score
I own two of these guitars, a rusty red and a black one, and they are one of the sweetest guitars that I have ever played.