yeah, i bought a S7G. wanna fight about it?

• Thread starter kingpinMS3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
so i've gone over every molecule of this guitar, and here are the flaws that i've found:

the tip of the headstock is slightly chipped because of the case (seriously, what the fuck)

the control cavity cover is a little wonky and mis-shapen for the cavity itself

my LACS dino custom has more flaws than this, honestly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kingpinMS3

dumb, but harmless
Reaction score
Several NAMMs ago:

Smiling Guy Hired by Jim After Fiasco: :) *holds out guitar* Check out this neck shape - It was designed by a physical therapist!

Me: Then why does it feel so bad?

Guy: :(

I get that it’s just marketing, but why pretend that the necks of the best-selling guitars since 1950 being shaped by a radio repair guy who didn’t play guitar would be inherently inferior? Like, I don’t go from a Strandberg to a Gibson and forget how to play.
so let me address this....

the neck feels like a god damn 2x4. it's a very thick, flat neck profile with rounded edges.

it did not give me the pain or fatigue i felt with my agile interceptor pro. same build type, same scale length, different profiles.

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
That S7G seems a lot better than the train-wrecks they released in the past, so it is a step in the right direction. If you got it for a low price, even better. Like I always say a good company can make a bad guitar and a bad company can make a good guitar sometimes.

Joan Maal

Reaction score
Absolutely gorgeous. Looks amazing from all angles. Congrats

never_2many_strings

Reaction score
I have a s7g cobra too, and honestly it's a real nice, solid axe. I got it without doing much research, and found out about the horror stories after acquiring it. Mine is great; a few minor finish imperfections and somewhat messy insides are really all that's wrong with it. If you get a good cobra, it is a great workhorse of a guitar, and built like a tank. Congrats on the guitar!

Jason B

Unbanned
Reaction score
When you do, remember that it’s not an SSO NGD unless there’s a FS thread waiting to post in another tab.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
They're still building locally. I was approached last year by a worker to commission a build. I politely declined. I'm fine with my cheap Ibby's and LTD's which I have modded by none other than Curran lol. Check out his amps, they're sick.

Purelojik

Reaction score
Glad you got a good one. I saw them back at namm and their necks were just a plank of wood with the edges rounded over with a roundover bit. as someone who's built a fair amount of guitars, it felt like one of my first trials at shaping a neck. i remember them trying to convince me that it was better than most necks but honestly it was one of the worst i've played. really glad youre happy