Yes!!! is here!!! Mako`s guitar project is done. (56k, go to les paul forums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
:wavey:

this project start on december 15 2009, so after 3 and a half months, my guitar is finish.:shred:
Specs...
-Neck thru body construction.
-26" scale.
-3.4kg.
-3 pieces of quartersawn walnut neck.
-quartersawn anchico wings.
-unknown fretboard,same unknown wood cover pick ups.:spock:
-24 jumbo frets, nail position markers.:nuts:
-horse bone nut. :mad:
-standard sealed tuners.
-self mad fixed bridge w/ strings thru body (and custom back plate):evil:
-Dimarzio New 7`s pick ups.:hbang:
-Finished with oil, wax, and secrets things ;)
-strings .09 to .60 tuned in BEADGBE :yesway:

I want to thank 2 special people who made this possible:
first, my boleved girlfriend, for her critics, comments, pattience, and exelent pictures. :wub:
and to Ragen,6o66er here, to send me a box full of awesome stuff, best p`ups I ever had, thank you, again and again.
:metal:

And thanks a lot to Customisbetter, because this was not flat, Samer, Savindur-El, Sebastian, TomPerverteau, vansinn, AeonSolus
jymellis, poopyalligator, Lern2swim, Fred the Shred, Nonservium and ralphy1976, for being the biggest followers of my thread, and be friends here.
I have forgotten many many people, but you know who you are so thank you too.
To this community,ss.org, for all the information and knowledge I found everyday here. this is the best forum in th Inet far. :bowdown: :bowdown:

ok, I don`t want to cry so I will talk about the guitar.:rolleyes:
the sound is awesome, the clean tones are the best I ever heard, the bridge pick up sounds like a piezo, and the neck pick up
with a lil bit of echoe sound beautiful.
with the distortion on...kick ass, the sustain is infinite and the armonics are sooooo easy to get, the neck pick up is fully rounded,
great for shred, and the bridge is pure metal.
the action is a lil high yet, I have some fret buzz yet and I have to adjust the trussrod a little bit more.
the infinite radius fretboard is something I can never left, is the best way to play a seven string.
even with the 26 scale, the strings feel really great, not too thigh, not floppy.
the intonation is fine, no problems at all, and this baby keep in tune really well.
the unpluged sound is pretty loud, and when you play a chord, the whole guitar produce the sound, I mean, resonant, alot, the neck thru myth is valid here.
I need a couple of things to get a decent clip or video...my digital camera can not handle the sound, and my computer need a sound card, not the shitty on board one.:ugh:

enough, stop talkin, I spend all the day to take 127 pics with my girlfriend, these are the best ones.
enjoy.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

"Goodbye...And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

29.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
DUDE! THAT'S SO AWESOME! I LOVE IT! <3

I love the Huf style "Mako" on the headstock, and that thing looks far from home made, I wouldn't know it was unless I knew, BIG BIG BIG congrats on this! It looks fantastic! I'm so glad to see this done, now. When do GOTM nominations start? :cool:

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
who's the girl? She's fuckin' hot.

Sweet guitar, although do I see a few wonky frets?

STILL, It looks amazing.

Congrats.

JesseTheMachine

Reaction score
Amazing guitar man, glad to see it finished! Some badass pics too, especially the one with you at the cross, and the last one.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Ho'y shit, that is one tits as hell guitar

In other words, I'm so goddamn jealous right now. :lol:

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
Pure awesome!

I bet if you showed someone the finished product and then told them how you made it it would blow their mind, hell, it blows my mind!

Keep up the GREAT work man :metal:

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I'd *tap* that :cool:
24.jpg

Weedley weeldey

Seriously though this is easily the coolest guitar I've ever seen. Just the whole build process etc freaking fantastic man!

Clips! lots of vids n clips!

IconW

Reaction score
That guitar is METAL! :metal:
I mean, it's very ruff and classy at the same time. Like ultimate metal machine! I love the looks and finish. It truly looks like hand-made instrument.
I'm very happy that it turned out to be so cool. :D

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
That is one sexy beast of a guitar. With only three and a half months and some mystery lumber you've come up with something that looks (and probably sounds) pretty damn intense. Congratulations!

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
without looking at the string rings sticking out the back i'd assume is was a custom build using pro power tools so glad you have finally finished it :yesway:

Now I know I have to take less than a month making my guitar body, I don't even have to do a neck >.< lol

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
MaKo´s Tethan;1925253 said:
is my girlfriend:squint:
and yes...the fretwork is a crap, please ignore this...

Hey man, don't beat yourself up about it, you made a freakin' guitar, that is so badass.

Your girlfriend is lucky to have an innovative dude like yourself.

I would so tap her though ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')