Yes!!! is here!!! Mako`s guitar project is done. (56k, go to les paul forums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapee

ss.org Master
Reaction score
I watched your thread from the very beginning and you came up with an awesome guitar! Gongrats! You got my GOTM vote for sure! Are you gonna post a video for us to see? BTW, id tap her :lol: :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
:minions:

Totally nominating for GOTM for May when i see the thread!

Great job duder!

Also the pics are excellent. :agreed:

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
Holy shit, epic pics!!!! This guitar is an amazing accomplishment, you have every reason to be proud. Congrats x1000! :metal:

Good luck acquiring the hardware you need for audio/video clips, we'll be waiting. :D

Werwolf999

Reaction score
MaKo´s Tethan,

Do the wood pickup covers effect the tone in any discernible way?

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
That looks sick.
I love the weathered look on the wood on the back.

vansinn

Reaction score
Mako.. I F@*$®þ! salute you for this build! It's totally awesome :agreed:
Seing it finished, let me add that the oil treatment you initially weren't so happy with simply resulted in such an Übercool raw look.

My only critics will be a very few minor details on the sanding/rounding finish, and that you I think should recess the through-strings backplate + maybe obtain some better looking screws; things which can be easily done as post-finishing touches.
I so wish you'd had a real fretsaw/files kit, but everything takes time..

Having been a photographer, I'll have to comment your artistic skills as really great.
Just your audassity to augment the axe agains a holy relic.. awesome contrast..
Now build a great axe to your lovely girlfriend - and design a Mako T-shirt for her ;)

Arminius

Reaction score
Why did you not enter the home depot competition? You would have blown it away completely.

Rommel

Reaction score
Congrats MAKO, that came out really nice. Great pics too.

raydn1

The Lightning Boy
Reaction score
Good work, followed this thread from the beginning and I love the way the guitar came out! much respect!!!

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
MaKo´s Tethan,

Do the wood pickup covers effect the tone in any discernible way?

No, they do not affect the magnet field, but the pick ups are pushin up to the cover, so the contact with the vibrations of the body is increased, but I don`t know if this affects something :scratch:

Awesome guitar!

I would be horrified to balance my guitar on some rocky cliffs :eek:

Me too:rolleyes: but its worth :yesway:
thanks for the comment, I respect you a lot here.

That looks awesome however I would lose the wood pickup covers :shrug: but thats me.

Congrats!

the reason was simple, I have not a router, so the p`ups routes are really horrible, so I have not other option....

Mako.. I F@*$®þ! salute you for this build! It's totally awesome :agreed:
Seing it finished, let me add that the oil treatment you initially weren't so happy with simply resulted in such an Übercool raw look.

My only critics will be a very few minor details on the sanding/rounding finish, and that you I think should recess the through-strings backplate + maybe obtain some better looking screws; things which can be easily done as post-finishing touches.
I so wish you'd had a real fretsaw/files kit, but everything takes time..

Having been a photographer, I'll have to comment your artistic skills as really great.
Just your audassity to augment the axe agains a holy relic.. awesome contrast..
Now build a great axe to your lovely girlfriend - and design a Mako T-shirt for her ;)

I accept your critics...I have seen this details too, I plan to recess the back plate and cover it with...more wood. and the screws...I need to find some nice allen ones.
the photos are half mine, half my girlfriend, she got good ideas too, and cool designs, but she want a single cut with a lot of wird details, including a piezo bridge, so I need more tools...
Holy relic??hell yea, but with respect...just want to take impressive pics.
Mako t shirt ftw, good idea.

thanks everyone for the comments, :wub:

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
this is gonna be guitar of the month for sure! and im FIRST in line for a MAKO when you start making them to sell \m/

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
which allen head screws do you need brother? and do you want them metric or british standard?stainless or black?

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
don`t know...I have to go to the screws store...but the work take all my time, maybe in the week...Mako guitars??lol...someday...:rofl:

Sebastian

Reaction score
Congrats !

Why isn't this in the sevenstring section ? as this is a New finished guitar... and let's face it.. more people look there :yesway:

once again..GREAT WORK !!!!

Respect :metal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')