Yes!!! is here!!! Mako`s guitar project is done. (56k, go to les paul forums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
awesome work mauricio!!!!!! your pics choice is pretty cool too!!!

i like your "mako's sticker" (reminds me of someone's else!!!). Have you had the chance to play it through an amp yet? how is it?!!!

No need for you to wear an Ibanez t-shirt!! you rule man!!!!

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
sounds better than my other guitars, the clean tone is like a piezo, and the distorted ones sounds like a mix between messhugga and fear factory when is tune to A.
I have problems shooting the video, because the camera can`t handle the lowers sounds, so I got to use mics and the PC, and don`t have to much time, the work...
thanks for the comment ralphy :yesway:

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
ok, it will be a fanned 8 strings with the same design that this guitar, but reversed headstock and 26-28 scale, perpendicular fret @5th, 5 string bass pick up in bridge position, DIY bridge of course, same woods, except the fretboard...I had no more of that, damn.

just an idea...a little piece of what I got now in my head, or something like this...
6 string bass, singlecut -still workin on the shape, and is experimental, I think is not balanced and not ergonomic.
SR506BM.jpg

just projects, just projects...I need tools, time and money...and inspiration.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
the original draw was nice, but the paint version...
I was thinkin all day in 8 fanned 26-28---don`t know, I`ve never play a fanned and I want to know how it feels, and would be a nice experiment, and the only fanned guitar in my retarded country full of guys who thinks that the only good functional design is the les paul, and I`m in 3rd world, so, the epiphone les paul is the best guitar in the world. *facepalm*

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
...in my retarded country full of guys who thinks that the only good functional design is the les paul...
You're not the only one who feels this way! Where I live, people only give a crap about Gibsons and Fenders. It really sucks! But it makes us unique at the same time, because we are more open to fresher guitar designs and innovations.

Anyway, congratulations on your build. You have a lovely guitar and a lovely girlfriend, and I wish you all the best with your next build!

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
well, playing a fanned guitar isn't that much a problem as long as you keep the fan reasonable.

My 7 is 25" to 27" and i did not feel any problem with it (with the broken neck!!). i am getting the neck back this week or next week, so i will update you on that one.

What i found is that as you play towards the pickups, the fan helps you with the wrist angle (eg a Am barre on 12th fret is a lot easier on my fanned than on my Vai).

i am looking at getting a 8 string fretted too, and i think the feeling will be the same.

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
lol, I did not remember exactly what I use, but includes: pcb boards acid, for electronic uses, some black creme for leather shoes, uncoloured wax, wd 40, tung oil, and somethin else I found over there, :rofl:

about fanned...is reasonable to put the perpendicular fret @5th?

EliNoPants

Reaction score
how the hell did i not know of this thread until now? awesome to see that this is actually done, i'd been sitting around thinking "man, when is he gonna finish the last details on that so that we can make him the GOTM?"

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
how the hell did i not know of this thread until now? awesome to see that this is actually done, i'd been sitting around thinking "man, when is he gonna finish the last details on that so that we can make him the GOTM?"

really? you miss this thread?:noplease:
:lol:
thank you man, I got you on facebook, you have no pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')