Yesterday was NGD. I now own a Sherman!

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I ended up being busy most of yesterday so i didnt really get to play it too much then, about 2 hours or so. Today I was also a bit busy, but I managed to get more time in with it, and more than just Pod time at that. i'll save the gab till after the pics. Tomorrow I'll try and get some natural sunlight pics, these don't do it justice.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

Notice the trus rod cover
IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

SO, as Mike told me when he finished assembling it, it plays loud. Accousticly it rings out really well, and it has good clarity and punch, with just the right amount of snap. It has a black limba (aka black korina) body, and it has a good weight. You know it is there, but it isn't going to break your back after a long standing sesion. If you tap on it, you feel it all through the body and neck. That translates to playing it too, you can feel every string resonate through the guitar.

The BKPs add even more to it when plugged in. You could even tell through the Pod, which says something. Through the 6505+ it sounds completley insane. I do need more time to tweak it to its sweetspots though. Harmonics galore, the Miracle Man has a really great clear punchy sound, a good amount of midrange, mostly in the lower spectrum and just enough treble and bass to balance. The Cold Sweat is everything every one has said about it. Its warm and smooth and delicious. When distorted it gets really really fluid, but when its clean it has a good jazzy tone with a present attack. I sent a Megaswitch E+ (meant to send a regular E,oops. My fault) So I have some split coil options, though not all that the E would have given me. going from bridge to neck it works like this 1) B hum 2) B hum 3) B + N split (awesome straty sound 4th sound) 4) N split (delicious neck single sound, it doesnt sound like a split bucker at all) 5) neck hum.

Its plays very well. I have to get used to owning a 7 again though. The carve is like a Jackson, but thicker. It is really comfortable, and I can bust out the speed licks just fine. The baritone scale adds some tension since I decided to keep the same gagues I use normally on a standard scale. It's improved my playing technique because i have to keep my thumb where it belongs. the action was set up spectacularly, and everything feels amazingly solid. Conn and NY aren't very different climate wise, so there weren't many changes in shipping. The ebony board is super slick, and smooth, the nut is set in perfectly, and glued straight to the wood (more companies need to due this, seriously) It feels better because of that, and I swear it adds more resonance. The Hipshop bridge is also really sweet. It sits really low to the body, and is really comfortable. Not to mention it looks sweet.

On to the little things. I've mentioned a few already. but most havent been stated yet. The trussrod cover and electronics cavity cover are both made of the same wood as the woods below them. Infact they are from a plane from just above them so the grain matches nearly perfectly. I couldn't get a good shot of it in doors, but the binding is all wood as well, the same as the body. It really brings the flow of the headstock cap and the body together better than the plastic stuff would have. It was Mikes idea to use the limba also, not mine. The knobs are a smaller metal knob, that grips well, and has a smooth apperance, they are parallel to the lower edge, and the 5 way switch. this continues to add to the really smooth well designed appearance. The best part is they work really well where they are. Quick easy access yet out of the way so you won't bump them when not intended. I picked the body shape because it seemed like it would balance well, and sit comfortably when playing. I was right, it sits well in check rocking classical tilted "shred" position. Same with over the left knee sitting. I can't say on other stances as I don't use them. The tummy cut is deep and comfy, makes it sit really nice.

Thats about all I want to say for now. If you want to know more ASK! I'm sure you knew that though. I know I'm still in the honeymoon period still, but I tend to have a very objective view on things. I leave emotion out of pretty much everything but my playing, just ask my girlfriend. I feel i got a much better guitar than I should have for this price. Even though it was less than most places have Gibson Les Paul Customs (sorry exact price is privlaged between me and Mike.)

Mike, thanks again. It was a fun process, and it led to a great product. I can't wait till we get started on a second one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats dude! Glad you're happy with the Sherman and the BKPs :yesway:

-K4G-

Go Auckland Blues!
Reaction score
:wag: wow that is sexy. Makes you wanna touch it, caress it...

anyway, congrats!

msherman

Banned
Reaction score
I`m glad that it arrived safe and sound:agreed: The knobs I spun up on the lathe, and are ebony if you look closely. I clearcoated, and buffed them to give the appearence of metal.

I`m glad it was everything you expected. Thanks, Bro!

-K4G-

Go Auckland Blues!
Reaction score
I`m glad that it arrived safe and sound:agreed: The knobs I spun up on the lathe, and are ebony if you look closely. I clearcoated, and buffed them to give the appearence of metal.

Im in awe of your work. :yesway:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score

:bowdown:

Yet again the little details make your work outstanding. I'm considering whoring myself out or renting my body out for drug smuggling to get one of these! :lol:

bulletbass man

Classical & Metal
Reaction score
:bowdown:

Yet again the little details make your work outstanding. I'm considering whoring myself out or renting my body out for drug smuggling to get one of these! :lol:

I've already started.

Just a quick tip. Just immediately leave if they start the phrase How much for... as it never turns into a good situation.

shredder777

Dr. D. Suzuki
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome guitar, Sherman guitars never cease to amaze me, I really dig the look of that neck especially.

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome congrats.

But man you can't own Sherman....coz Sherman own our brains :agreed:

:lol:

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
That's one awesome headstock. And that logo is pretty sick, too!

')