Yet another revalver question (im hopeless)

• Thread starter schecter4life
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
help? lol been trying rto get my home studio up and running for 13 hours now...only bout half way there (by studio i meant a bunch of amp sims i blew most my money on...shoulda just got an axe fx xD) and audacity is detecting them as plug ins but not reaper:wallbash:

Borges

Reaction score
help? lol been trying rto get my home studio up and running for 13 hours now...only bout half way there (by studio i meant a bunch of amp sims i blew most my money on...shoulda just got an axe fx xD) and audacity is detecting them as plug ins but not reaper:wallbash:

i'll never ever do digital again after using the pod

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score

Have you set the path to your VST plugin directory in the reaper settings?

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Have you set the path to your VST plugin directory in the reaper settings?

^^^ this, i dont use reaper but i use audacity and pro tools. you probably either need to set the path or copy it into somthing like this C:/programfiles/reaper/daw/plugins
or C:/programfiles/commonfiles/reaper/daw/plugins

by default if audacity picks it up its probably in
C:/programfiles/vst plugins/revalver.dll
^^ thats where you copy the .dll from and paste to reaper most likely, unless reaper has an easier way to select vst paths(preferences? settings?) than old pro tools.

Hope this helps somewhat..

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Hit ctrl + p to open up the preferences window.

Scroll down until you see Plugins section on the left menu. Click on VST. In the main settings window click the 'Add' button and browse to where your VST Plugins directory is... most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\VstPlugins\
Reaper does not have any directory set by default.
Hit the re-scan button after you have set the directory. Revalver should show up now.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing to add is if you are using x64, do exactly what axxessdenied said but find the vst folder in C/program files (not x86) .. might have to search. all my vsts in x64 are in "vst"

Reaction score
The only thing to add is if you are using x64, do exactly what axxessdenied said but find the vst folder in C/program files (not x86) .. might have to search. all my vsts in x64 are in "vst"
I gave up completely on reaper, and decided to purchase the full version of mixcraft 6.....After that i had my vst's up and running inside mixcraft in about two minutes, i think reaper deserves a punch in the face for lack of user friendliness to new users of the software

and mixcraft deserves a :hbang: for ease of use (at least for me)

and a badass marshal amp sim that comes with it...very nice vintage tones from that one

(of course i was using the demo of reaper, then the demo of mixcraft...i QUICKLY decided to purchase a liscense key for mixcraft and head over to add/remove programs to take care of that pesky little reaper)

')