Yet another strangely cheap German 7 string [/eBay find]...

• Thread starter Mattayus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zoltta

Guns N Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
That top one looks like someone pissed on the bottom end of the wood

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
I would, but I'd want full compensation from every one of you if it turns out to be as terrible as I think it will!

:lol: Well spotted

I'll match any donations people send me, I'll shell out... anyone interested? If it's REALLY terrible, I'll give it away via free raffle, too.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
If someone can find those in the US I'll consider selling my KE-7 for one, I'm kind of tired of that guitar!

ghoti

Electric Eclectic
Reaction score
Ebay can get crazy. Finding decent deals on there is possible but so is winning the lottery. What it really offers is distribution to a lot of smaller brand names that otherwise would be regional stuff nobody had ever heard of before...helping to grow a business.

It's certainly possible to get a decent deal on an item from a reasonably well-known manufacturer, but it's not that likely. Your real score is taking a chance on stuff you don't know and haven't heard of...and sometimes you get burned that way as well.

That first one might be interesting if I were in Europe; even if it needs some work it's still better prices than you get over there for similar specs. If only shipping didn't kill you for anywhere else.

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
I'm laughing my ass off at the green one with the reversed headstock, and the logo text is reversed as well. Clearly whoever built it figured they were just building a lefty headstock.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
I've seen these, and yeah, they are intriguing. I mean, they could be a small builder starting out, or something terrible, but, if terrible then why would they be wasting their time using decent wood and putting on decent tops?

The electronics are going to be terrible, but the licensed floyd may be ok, i dunno, it'd be nice to play one really to find out...

Reaction score
I've seen these, and yeah, they are intriguing. I mean, they could be a small builder starting out, or something terrible, but, if terrible then why would they be wasting their time using decent wood and putting on decent tops?

The electronics are going to be terrible, but the licensed floyd may be ok, i dunno, it'd be nice to play one really to find out...

The tops could be fake. Just printed images of quilts and woods. Even Epiphone has done/does that.

Jonny

Perfectionist
Reaction score
I saw them too, interesting indeed.

£147? Slightly more than a Squier. For comparison purposes of course.

Ze Kink

the black wizards
Reaction score
Probably done with the same idea as the Woodoo stuff that was talked about in the bass forum here. They're just some Korean (or possibly even Chinese) stuff that's been ordered from some manufacturer there. The first guitar looks a lot like the Wolf guitars which are used by Woodoo. A forum I write on has made some group orders of those, and they're a lot cheaper that way. Their quality is nothing special, for example, a seven string guitar I tried would not intonate because the bridge wasn't far enough, and it had quality control issues like a loose neckjoint, crappy plastic nut and wobbly tuners, horrible pickups, noisy electronics and all that basic stuff you'd kinda except to come with the price tag.

What I'm trying to say I guess is that I wouldn't order one myself. If not because they're not very good, then at least because they're more expensive than straight from the factory, with an ugly logo and headstock.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
yeah, seen some of these infinity guitars on an other board recently - korean stuff. and i remember one guy buying one and had not one good word for it.

Latest posts