Yikes....just after Bulb, can a brother get a view

• Thread starter net48734
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

net48734

Reaction score
New stuff. Ive been studying eq'ing. Along with trig for school which sucks dick. But when i get free time I try to unwind and get the goddamn drums and guitar to sound good together and in tandem. Tell me what u think.... its kinda short, and drums are a little off beat. But just in general. Thanks guys!

btw...soundclic is compressing the hell out of songs now? Or am I hearing things?

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/aknewgod'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=7317624&scid=7317624&q=hi&ext=1&autoplay=0" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rayne Mann

Reaction score
I like it! Sounds really good! However, I'm not as savy or picky about eqing and mixing as a lot of the guys here, I wish I was!

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
SC has been fooked the last few days.....from what i can hear though it sounds pretty good:metal:

Reaction score
Heavy shit!:metal: I like what's going on with the mix. Should turn out to be great sounding once you work on it more.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i like the prospect it gives of how it&#180;s going to turn out in the intro... instead of going over to that other riff when the drums and the low end etc fade in, continue playing the same riff as in the intro, except with drums and all playing along.

i love the part in the intro though, where you kinda hear some low-end rumble fade in, and you hear the drums and stuff rising up over the horizon. you just gotta feed the expectations of what comes after that :p

i spent ages and ages trying to perfect the art of the hard-hitting intro... it&#180;s a good skill to have :)

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
sounds like you went a bit overboard with teh compressor, its pumping a whole lot for me (unless its soundclick? i've never had a problem with soundclick before, but i've heard of people having problems with it) also the kick is a bit high.

other than that its pretty cool, i dig the riffs, and i like the guitar tone, though it could use a bit of refining.

LI3G3KILL3R

Reaction score
Nice! The mix sounds pretty solid. I like the chord that you chose to chug on at the beginning and later sections. It hints at major, but its still nice and heavy. :hbang:

net48734

Reaction score
Thanks guys...appreciate the feedback. Yeah, the kick is a bit high, and the compression is also. Whole sound is pumping a bit. But, was kinda a new test mix. Thats why the drums are a bit off...played em with my fingers on the keyboard...and im not that good. Im still working on the guitar eq. I think that is a forever thing. I think Im finally learning that through my monitors and during recording it just sounds like shit. Tinny, real nasty. Like an acoustic guitar would sound if you distorted it with a little bit of gain. But its the mixing, and layering that adds life to it. Eq, is a whole other story. Im trying to go one of two ways. Add more body to the guitar and lower the bass a little. Or eq it accordingly and take out all bass (almost) out of the axe and fill it in with bass. But....ive yet to tackle bass eqing to fill that part in.

Which is kinda how bulb does his I think. His guitar alone probably sounds high and thin' but his bass eq is just damn near perfect and sounds great mixing it together.

Anyhow...thanks for the listen and comments!

')