YOB enters studio; US/Europe tour with DARK CASTLE announced

• Thread starter Sofos
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Via Blabbermouth:
American doom metal titans YOB have entered Dogwood Studios in Eugene, Oregon with producer Jeff Olsen to begin work on their sixth album. This marks the second time that the band has teamed with Profound Lore Records, the first being for 2009's highly regarded "The Great Cessation".

Commented YOB vocalist/guitarist Mike Scheidt: "We will be recording with Jeff Olsen at Dogwood Studios in Eugene, Oregon, where every YOB recording has been realized. Profound Lore will be handling the album's release and we couldn't be happier.

"This album is very aggressive. Certainly it has all of the elements of our other albums, but it propels and pummels in ways that are unique in our catalogue.

"We are very excited to share this new music with our friends worldwide.

"YOB has received many request over the years to tour again. This year, we will do exactly that. After we are done recording, we will begin rehearsing for a full U.S. tour beginning the first week of July, followed by a full European tour in September.

"We are thrilled to announce that our labelmates DARK CASTLE will be accompanying YOB on all of the dates both in the U.S. and in Europe, with Rob Shaffer of DARK CASTLE laying down drums for YOB on both tours.

"It is going to be a great year for us, and we can't wait to see you on the road! DOOM!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seebu

Defenestrator
Reaction score
Holy shit, YOB AND Dark Castle. I really hope they come to Finland. I was at Roadburn Festival in the Netherlands where YOB was supposed to play. Unfortunately they cancelled that gig. The replacement was Ufomammut so I wasn't that bummed out. :)

')