You Are Going To Hell If You...

• Thread starter Desecrated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
D

Desecrated

You Are Going To Hell If You...

* eat fruit from a tree less than five years old. [Lev. 19:23]
* cross-breed animals. [Lev. 19:19]
* grow two different plants in your garden. [Lev. 19:19]
* wear a cotton-polyester blend T-Shirt. [Lev. 19:19]
* read your horoscope. [Lev. 19:26]
* consult a psychic. [Lev. 19:31]
* cut your hair. [Lev. 19:27]
* trim your beard. [Lev. 19:27]
* are tatooed. [Lev. 19:28]
* plant crops for more than seven years. [Lev. 25:4, Ex. 23:10-13]
* bear a grudge. [Lev. 19:17]
* collect interest on a loan. [Ex. 22:24]
* insult a leader. [Ex. 22:27]
* mistreat a foreigner. [Ex. 22:21, 23:9]
* spread false rumors. [Ex. 23:1]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
you know, content wise, i dont get why its so funny, but i think its just the way you present it, in bullet point format, with no like "this is ridiculous" or anything.

its like OH BTW, HERES THE LIST :wavey:

:lol:

K7_Munky

Serial Thriller
Reaction score
Well then I guess we're all going to hell because people do cut their hair. So we go to hell for cutting our hair or beard even getting inked WTF. Where did you get that list man?

D

Desecrated

Well then I guess we're all going to hell because people do cut their hair. So we go to hell for cutting our hair or beard even getting inked WTF. Where did you get that list man?

I found it on the narnia board on IMDB hahahaha, did not suspect that one.
But I also checked my bible and they are correct.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Context alert!

I don't think those prohibitions anywhere state the penalty is "going to hell." That's a pretty thoroughly Christian concept any way. (What you posted is Old Testament Judaic law. Christians don't generally follow most of that stuff.)

The closest Hebrew concept is 'Sheol', which translates to 'the grave.'

I think the people were just forbidden to do those things. But there was a yearly sacrifice to atone for the Jewish people's collective sins, so even then, no threat of eternal damnation.

Those are real prohibitions, however.

K7_Munky

Serial Thriller
Reaction score
Ok I see I'm not up to date with religion because people say this and that I dont know understand anymore, but thats a trip that you found it in your bible man.

D

Desecrated

Context alert!

I don't think those prohibitions anywhere state the penalty is "going to hell." That's a pretty thoroughly Christian concept any way. (What you posted is Old Testament Judaic law. Christians don't generally follow most of that stuff.)

The closest Hebrew concept is 'Sheol', which translates to 'the grave.'

I think the people were just forbidden to do those things. But there was a yearly sacrifice to atone for the Jewish people's collective sins, so even then, no threat of eternal damnation.

Those are real prohibitions, however.

18:1 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, I am the Lord your God. 3 You shall not do as they do in the land of Egypt, where you lived, and you shall not do as they do in the land of Canaan, to which I am bringing you. You shall not walk in their statutes. 4 You shall follow my rules [1] and keep my statutes and walk in them. I am the Lord your God.

I don't know, But that sounds pretty serious :D

On a more serious note, Here is some more info;

Leviticus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, it was. It just doesn't have any real connection to A) eternal damnation, or B) any sort of place called "hell."

I'm not even sure where their theology was on an afterlife during that time. It's a little sketchy.

D

Desecrated

Oh, it was. It just doesn't have any real connection to A) eternal damnation, or B) any sort of place called "hell."

I'm not even sure where their theology was on an afterlife during that time. It's a little sketchy.

Like the most of the bible, I think the most easiest interpretation is that the idea of afterlife change during the hundreds of years the bible took to write.

D

Desecrated

Like the most of the bible, I think the most easiest interpretation is that the idea of afterlife change during the hundreds of years the bible took to write.

Thank you;

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Thats the Old Covenant, only those who follow Judaic law follow that. Catholics and Protestants follow The New and Everlasting Covenant.

Consequently, you don't see lists of forbidden things found in the Quran ascribed to Catholics, neither does Old Testament and Torah verse nessecarily apply to Catholics.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
do I get points for pointing out that nobody in the old testament was a christian?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
do I get points for pointing out that nobody in the old testament was a christian?

""Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets" ~Jesus, Matthew 5:17

D

Desecrated

Thats the Old Covenant, only those who follow Judaic law follow that. Catholics and Protestants follow The New and Everlasting Covenant.

Consequently, you don't see lists of forbidden things found in the Quran ascribed to Catholics, neither does Old Testament and Torah verse nessecarily apply to Catholics.

Christians are very fast to use lev 18:22 ""‘Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

also;

"Rev 22:19; And if any man shall take away from the words of this book, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city."

You can't just pick what you want, it's an all or nothing kinda deal :D

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Christians are very fast to use lev 18:22 ""‘Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable."

also;

"Rev 22:19; And if any man shall take away from the words of this book, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city."

You can't just pick what you want, it's an all or nothing kinda deal :D

This is complex, Jon.

On one hand, I so completely agree with you it's not even funny. I say this same thing all the time.

But on the other, Jesus said the fulfillment of the whole law and prophets was real simple - Love God, love your neighbor. Where those approbations come in, I can't see, with that kind of interpretation. So... maybe the matter is more complex than that. Still, I think the basic idea you present is true. Why pick and choose, at least if you're talking that Old Testament shit? Especially the book of fucking Leviticus!

Like anything, it requires logical interpretation. So, let's say, for the sake of argument, there is a God, and he in some manner speaks to us, maybe even through the Bible. If you'll follow along with me that far, I'd argue, that's shit that man put in himself. :lol:

I can't really see an omnipotent Creator really giving two fucks what people eat, or how old a fruit tree is. :D

Latest posts

')