You Are Going To Hell If You...

• Thread starter Desecrated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
:lol: I took that NeedGod site test. I already knew how it was all going to be because I went to a private Christian junior high and high school and was made to go to church every week most of the time I lived with my parents, but I still got a laugh out of it. :lol:

I answered all the questions honestly and it's all insulting me, saying "If you've lied once, then you are a LIAR" (I don't think I ever heard that from anyone before this site), "If you've looked at someone with lustful thoughts, then you are an ADULTERER!," "If you've ever stolen something before, no matter how small, you are a THIEF!" (this particularly made me laugh because I stole some candy from a store when I was 4 years old and that automatically brands me as a thief for the rest of my life), I answered the "no other gods beside God" one as "no" (because I don't believe in God), but even then, it suddenly says "YOU ARE A LIAR! BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS BROKEN THIS COMMANDMENT!"

It asked me if I'm innocent or guilty by God's standards, but God's standards are not consistent in the scriptures and, then I don't believe in God, so I said, "Innocent." It, of course, goes BAM! "INCORRECT." Knowing that you are guilty of breaking God's commandments, do you think you would go to Heaven or Hell? I answered "Heaven," even though I don't believe it exists. Then BAM! "INCORRECT." Does the fact that you're headed for Hell concern you? (this sounds like someone taunting a person before they're gonna be executed with their face all up in there) "No." (because I don't believe in heaven, hell, or God. And, if I did believe in God, I don't believe he would be such a petty being to just create people simply to torture them in hell for the smallest things)

Then... :lol:
It should concern you.

Would you sell one of your eyes for a million dollars? How about both eyes for ten million? No one in their right mind would! Your eyes are precious to you... but they are only a "window" for your soul. Your soul (your inner being, your life, your personality) looks out through those eyes. Consider how precious your eyes are... then realize that Jesus said that Hell is so horrible that you would be better off tearing out your own eyes than ending up there for all eternity (Mark 9:43-48).

Perhaps you feel safe because you don't believe in Hell. This can be likened to standing in the middle of a busy highway and shouting, "I don't believe in trucks!" Your belief or disbelief in trucks will not change reality. The same applies in this situation. Your disbelief in Hell will not cause it to cease to exist. God has given us HIS WORD on the existence and purpose of Hell... LOOK HERE to see what God says in the Bible about Hell.

I don't see how this is anything like standing in a middle of a busy highway shouting "I don't believe in trucks." I'm not standing in the middle of Hell, shouting "I don't believe in hell... or am I? :)lol:). Where is this evidence for Hell? Books do not count. And, even when I believed in Christianity, I thought it was ridiculous to cite the Bible as evidence. It's just a book. There is no reason to believe that what it says in there is true.

I know a lot of rational Christians, but that page was just funny. :lol: "INCORRECT." "INCORRECT."

Anyway... yeah...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
i just took it for the hell of it. Its funny, its holding everyone to old testament commandments, which we just spent an entire thread arguing about how they don't apply nowdays :lol:

Yesssss, as aptly demonstrated by numbers of people who call themselves 'Christians' and argue the literal biblical interpretation too.

Oh well. hwat was the clause about 'lying again? :wallbash:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
:lol: I took that NeedGod site test. I already knew how it was all going to be because I went to a private Christian junior high and high school and was made to go to church every week most of the time I lived with my parents, but I still got a laugh out of it. :lol:

I answered all the questions honestly and it's all insulting me, saying "If you've lied once, then you are a LIAR" (I don't think I ever heard that from anyone before this site), "If you've looked at someone with lustful thoughts, then you are an ADULTERER!," "If you've ever stolen something before, no matter how small, you are a THIEF!" (this particularly made me laugh because I stole some candy from a store when I was 4 years old and that automatically brands me as a thief for the rest of my life), I answered the "no other gods beside God" one as "no" (because I don't believe in God), but even then, it suddenly says "YOU ARE A LIAR! BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS BROKEN THIS COMMANDMENT!"

It asked me if I'm innocent or guilty by God's standards, but God's standards are not consistent in the scriptures and, then I don't believe in God, so I said, "Innocent." It, of course, goes BAM! "INCORRECT." Knowing that you are guilty of breaking God's commandments, do you think you would go to Heaven or Hell? I answered "Heaven," even though I don't believe it exists. Then BAM! "INCORRECT." Does the fact that you're headed for Hell concern you? (this sounds like someone taunting a person before they're gonna be executed with their face all up in there) "No." (because I don't believe in heaven, hell, or God. And, if I did believe in God, I don't believe he would be such a petty being to just create people simply to torture them in hell for the smallest things)

Then... :lol:

I don't see how this is anything like standing in a middle of a busy highway shouting "I don't believe in trucks." I'm not standing in the middle of Hell, shouting "I don't believe in hell... or am I? :)lol:). Where is this evidence for Hell? Books do not count. And, even when I believed in Christianity, I thought it was ridiculous to cite the Bible as evidence. It's just a book. There is no reason to believe that what it says in there is true.

I know a lot of rational Christians, but that page was just funny. :lol: "INCORRECT." "INCORRECT."

Anyway... yeah...

How does it feel to know you're a horrible, horrible person now?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Quite amusing, actually.

High five!

index_02.jpg

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
HOOOH YEEEEEEAH!

I wish one of those folks would just come up to me with the "When you die, are you sure of where you'll go?" Because then I could launch off into the history of the ideas of heaven and hell in the various religions of the world, then go into the "most likely, after I die, my brain will cease to function, effectively ending my consciousness for eternity." I've known a lot of nice Christians, but I've never ever like proselytizing. I usually just say whatever I have to to get rid of door-to-door Jehovah's Witnesses, Christians, etc.

Anyway, how do the Mormons convert people when only 144,000 people are supposedly going to heaven? That doesn't sound too promising... "So... you're saying that - even if I convert to Mormonism - I still probably won't go to heaven?" "Y... yes... but..."

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I've just lost all motivation to argue with Christians. You're not going to convince them otherwise, they aren't going to convince me otherwise, and it's just tiring. Maybe they see that as a win, when it's actually me just shaking my head and wondering how some people can be so gullible.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
True. My goal isn't to convert them.

For example, I mentioned this in the religion thread, but both of my parents are really really strong Christians and I would never want them to stop believing because their entire lives hinge on that. And, if they believed that there was no afterlife and no God the Father loving you, then I don't want to think what that'd do to them. It wouldn't be positive. I can tell you that.

And true about the "win" thing. Oftentimes in those situations, they'll consider it a victory even when they lose.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
True. My goal isn't to convert them.

For example, I mentioned this in the religion thread, but both of my parents are really really strong Christians and I would never want them to stop believing because their entire lives hinge on that. And, if they believed that there was no afterlife and no God the Father loving you, then I don't want to think what that'd do to them. It wouldn't be positive. I can tell you that.

And true about the "win" thing. Oftentimes in those situations, they'll consider it a victory even when they lose.

Well, I REALLY don't want this to sound like I'm shit talking your parents, but I really don't think people should use anything as a crutch. If you can't get by on your own, without religion, or drugs, or booze, or coffee, or whatever else your addiction may be, then you're weak.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Well, I REALLY don't want this to sound like I'm shit talking your parents, but I really don't think people should use anything as a crutch. If you can't get by on your own, without religion, or drugs, or booze, or coffee, or whatever else your addiction may be, then you're weak.

But not everyone has to be strong. My mom is a very strong-willed person, but I doubt she would be that way if she stopped believing what she does.

I actually would like to believe in God and heaven, but I only want to believe what is true and what is real and so I can't really believe in it (Not saying that I "know" there is no heaven or God, but the chances of it look slim. I guess I'm more agnostic than atheist, but I lean more towards the atheist side). When I was in junior high, a Christian told me that my weakness was that I was over analytical and had a "doubting Thomas spirit." In retrospect, I don't think that's really a weakness.

Their belief may be their weakness, but they see it as their strength and I can't imagine them not believing that way.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I'm just a firm believer in self empowerment :lol: I'm sure it would be nice to believe in God. I just can't, the idea just seems silly to me. I'm not trying to make fun of the Christians on the board, but to put it in perspective, it's the same as if you guys believed in the tooth fairy, I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm sure it would be great, aside from all the lifestyle changes I would have to make to actually be a good Christian :lol:

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I'm the same way. I can't believe in God unless I have a reason to (evidence, proof, whatever). But I'm not the type of person who thinks it's bad to believe in it. For example, a pastor who loses his faith is one of the most pathetic things to see. I guess how much an effect losing that faith would be depends on how devoted they were. That belief and the religion become a part of who they are.

I do always find it silly when people talk about God as if they know what "he" is saying and what he wants (and at the same time I don't think the god they speak of exists at all).

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not the drop bears fault. They're just guarding the country's Eucalyptus groves.

')