You call that a gun? THIS is a gun.

• Thread starter Roland777
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rogue

metal is forever
Reaction score
haha lol, but it produces so much smoke or steam or whatever that u lose site of what your shooting at, but with that many bullets.....can you miss?

Roland777

Reaction score
Doesn´t really compare. That minigun is in use, while the MetalStorm is still experimental. Also, the MetalStorm is mostly intended for anti-missile defense use, and is not worth two cents in offensive combat effectiveness. The minigun in the first video, a Phalanx I believe, is used for anti-aircraft duties, mainly on ships. That´s the reason behind the obscene rate of fire along with the heavy caliber (23/25/30mm).

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Roland777 said:
Doesn´t really compare. That minigun is in use, while the MetalStorm is still experimental. Also, the MetalStorm is mostly intended for anti-missile defense use, and is not worth two cents in offensive combat effectiveness. The minigun in the first video, a Phalanx I believe, is used for anti-aircraft duties, mainly on ships. That´s the reason behind the obscene rate of fire along with the heavy caliber (23/25/30mm).

Are you like a weaponry/guns fan, by any chance?

You know I must be too much of a gamer since, when I saw that video, I thought "Wow. That'd be a sweet weapon to have in a first-person shooter."

Roland777

Reaction score
Naren said:
Are you like a weaponry/guns fan, by any chance?

Over 6 months on a board until someone asked me this question... Must be some kind of new record.

FoxMustang

Reaction score
I thought the Phalanx CIWS was a 20mm :scratch: Unless there's some new variant.

Could be a GAU-8 Avenger. Too bad they didn't show any pics of the actual gun.

Roland777

Reaction score
FoxMustang said:
I thought the Phalanx CIWS was a 20mm :scratch: Unless there's some new variant.

COuld very well be, I was typing out of memory.

')