You guys might appreciate this....

• Thread starter dav2321
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jtm45

Reaction score
Two amazing TA 7's!!! You're a very fortunate man!
I LOVE that second one the most though!

I also love your Hollow T too Adam. Beautiful guitar!!!!:agreed:

I'm really GASsing for either a Suhr or a TA 6 string at the moment but they certainly don't come cheap :realmad:

Jinogalpa

ESP fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
wow, the first one is sick, looks like cat eyes - congrats

dav2321

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I feel very lucky to have these. I've always wanted a high-end 7 and things just worked out to where I could afford both. The first is a alder body with the "Bowling Ball" finish (// Tom Anderson Guitarworks \\)
with heavy stainless steel frets. The neck is maple with rosewood. The neck thickness was also a option so I went .790-.850 (Ibanez 7=.748-.826, which always felt was too thin and the Schecter Blackjack 7 I had felt like a baseball bat). The nut is 48.2 mm.
003-2.jpg

Next is a quilt maple top on alder with binding in Arctic Blue Burst and OFR 7. The neck has jumbo ss frets and is just a tad thicker (.810-.870?) but doesn't feel too different from the other. The switching goes like this:
Position 1: Neck Pickup (series or split with toggle selection)
Position 1 alt: (with push/pull in up position) Neck + Bridge Pickups (series or split with toggle selection)
Position 2: Neck + Middle Pickups (series or split with toggle selection)
Position 2 alt: (with push/pull switch in up position) Neck + Middle + Bridge Pickups (series or split with toggle selection)
Position 3: Middle Pickup (series or split with toggle selection)
Position 4: Middle + Bridge Pickups (series or split with toggle selection)
Position 5: Bridge Pickup (series always)

B1ZTGHwB2kKGrHqYOKi4E-myVhBMeWT-nj5Q_3.jpg

Both come with the Buzz Feiten mod and Toms unique neck joint:
004-4.jpg

which is the tightest bolt-on neck joint I've ever seen. I'm really happy with both.

Deadfall

Reaction score
THe first one doesnt really get me off..but man,the top on that other one is my cup of tea.

')