You guys watching Breaking Bad?

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Jess, I hate to kill your buzz but I don't think Walt can just up-and-out himself from this situation given how he just started distributing in the Czech Republic. The only way I could see them getting out of that was by saying, "The one man who cooked that is now dead, so we can't make anymore." But still that seems too easy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I was expecting the hat to be on the back of the door or on the bathroom counter. Never picked up on the book being in there. We're still missing whatever Hank saw on the laptop.

beneharris

Reaction score
see, but why would wearing a hat and sun glasses, in new mexico, be a dead giveaway you're a drug lord? I mean sure, if walt were smart, he would probably avoid it, but its not like that is what is going to give him away. I mean, its hot in Albuquerque, and bright.

Also, with the way walt acts, and after all the work he has put into making his ego huge, and getting the power, why would he stop wearing the hat? That has become his image.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
I just don't like the way they offed Mike. I mean they paint this dude as a weathered and trued bad ass, he already didn't trust Walt, he knew there was a gun in that bag.....just to damn easy. Wish they would have thought of a better ending for him.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
Jess, I hate to kill your buzz but I don't think Walt can just up-and-out himself from this situation given how he just started distributing in the Czech Republic. The only way I could see them getting out of that was by saying, "The one man who cooked that is now dead, so we can't make anymore." But still that seems too easy.

Yeah I started thinking about that. He just bought out his competition, so it seems like it wouldn't make sense to stop so easily and also those guys wouldn't take kindly to Walt just ending it. It was my hope that Todd would learn enough from Walt to take over and do it himself, so that Walt can retire. While probably unrealistic, I do have a preference for happy endings. :lol:

soundgardener75

Resident Weirdo
Reaction score
Yeah I started thinking about that. He just bought out his competition, so it seems like it wouldn't make sense to stop so easily and also those guys wouldn't take kindly to Walt just ending it. It was my hope that Todd would learn enough from Walt to take over and do it himself, so that Walt can retire. While probably unrealistic, I do have a preference for happy endings. :lol:

So many ways on how this is gonna end.

My guess is that Walt kills Jesse, Hank and Skylar. Marie kills Walt, and runs the meth business with Walt Jr.

Long shot, I know. :lol:

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I could see them ending it like the earlier seasons where the opening scene of the season is the ending. Shit will totally hit the fan and Walt will be on the run trying to buy a whole new identity and life.

Referencing one of the past seasons, Sal has a hookup that Walt was very close to using to provide a new life for the family. Sal warned him that there was no going back, if that's what he decides. Even if that's what Walt ends up doing, I couldn't imagine him falling off the radar. That wouldn't be in typical Breaking Bad fashion.

texshred777

Reaction score
Just watched the first episode last night. So far it's ok, well written and performed-but it hasn't grabbed me yet.

Mexi

Reaction score
well a pilot for ANY show isn't really going to blow your balls off, especially with the gamble AMC was taking on this show in the first place, given the subject matter. stick it out, you will not regret it.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
The weird thing about Walt is that no matter how fucked up some of his decisions are, he will still do the right thing in the end.

In light of everything that Walt has done on this show, it seems like 100% the opposite to me! What was shooting Mike if not the pinnacle of a man not thinking straight, overwhelmed by his own arrogance, power and self-regard? The way he then coolly remarked that he could get the names from Lydia, chilling, psychotic- there was no way shooting Mike was going to get him the names, it was vengeance for Mike challenging Walt's ego (and calling it right too). He's gone, he's nuts, there are no morals there. He poisoned a child to manipulate Jesse into doing his bidding!

Could someone clear up how the book got to Walt's bathroom? I forget.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The book was a gift from Gale and Walt just chose to leave it in his bathroom, no real deep story to it. Hank has to take a shit and it was in the same bathroom as the book, so he was looking for some reading and voila - two ends come together.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
The book was a gift from Gale and Walt just chose to leave it in his bathroom, no real deep story to it. Hank has to take a shit and it was in the same bathroom as the book, so he was looking for some reading and voila - two ends come together.

Thanks. I thought that was it, I just don't remember him putting it there. Seems a crazy place to put it, then again he's not been thinking straight for a while. I thought at one point there was going to be a problem with the toilet itself and he would find a gun in the tank.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
In light of everything that Walt has done on this show, it seems like 100% the opposite to me! What was shooting Mike if not the pinnacle of a man not thinking straight, overwhelmed by his own arrogance, power and self-regard? The way he then coolly remarked that he could get the names from Lydia, chilling, psychotic- there was no way shooting Mike was going to get him the names, it was vengeance for Mike challenging Walt's ego (and calling it right too). He's gone, he's nuts, there are no morals there. He poisoned a child to manipulate Jesse into doing his bidding!

Could someone clear up how the book got to Walt's bathroom? I forget.

I disagree, I don't think Walt was trying to be cool and chilling after killing Mike. The look on his face when he realized he could have gotten the names from Lydia was pure regret, as he saw first-hand how grotesque he's become. It wasn't about vengeance, but a mistake made in anger that showed him how much he's changed.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
I disagree, I don't think Walt was trying to be cool and chilling after killing Mike. The look on his face when he realized he could have gotten the names from Lydia was pure regret, as he saw first-hand how grotesque he's become. It wasn't about vengeance, but a mistake made in anger that showed him how much he's changed.

I'm a little confused. After the shooting there was regret about the mistake, and about how much he'd changed. But how was shooting Mike going to get him the names anyway? And what was he actually regretting?

He wasn't trying to be cool or chilling, no, that's not what I meant, but his response is chilling. He's not thinking about the man dying in front of him in that moment. He's thinking about how he didn't need to kill him, sure, but only because he could have got what he wanted from another source. Even then, it bears repeating I feel that a dead Mike cannot give him the names.

It's a watershed moment for him when he reflects on it, but the reason he killed Mike was that Mike challenged his ego, told him he'd fucked everything up, and told him he wasn't the man he thought he was. It was a mistake made in an anger that boiled over because his ego was being challenged, he was being told he wasn't as good as he's come to think he is, and he acted instinctively based on that.

His instinct now is towards doing monstrous things to feed his monstrous ego. Same reason he forced the dealer at the methlymene (sp?) stand-off to "Say my name", same reason he now walks around in his Heisenberg hat. It's all indicative of someone who has assumed a role, one in which he's an utter psychopath, in the clinical sense.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I guess part of me just wants to see him come back to Earth and realize the downward spiral that he's in the middle of. Although I foresee that happening a little bit too late.

')