You guys watching Breaking Bad?

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Aug 25th episode was incredible but found Sep 1st episode lame. Sunday's episode consisted of low-level poorly written twists, but it was never going to be as good as last weeks which was wall to wall brilliance! How many episodes left? Shit's gonna get nuts :popcorn:

Mexi

Reaction score
I really liked it, it was believable, conveyed his fear and paranoia perfectly, I could totally relate to that feeling, *any reason to think something is up and I'm getting out of here*.

especially considering it wouldn't be the first time Jesse has gotten confused after a drug binge (jehovah's witnesses = bikers w/ hand grenades). If anything, the scene says more about the downward spiral that Jesse is in, making an endless chain of poor decisions (that will likely be his undoing)

inaudio

Hack Fraud
Reaction score
I personally felt like the "meeting" at the plaza was the final nudge Jesse needed to step in and take control. At least that's the vibe I got from the call he made to Walt and telling good ol' Hank Schraderbräu that there's a better way to do his job. He's also been around Walt long enough to see how he operates, I think that gives him a pretty significant edge. The one thing that keeps plaguing my mind is how all of this will lead up to the flashforwards seen in the earlier episodes.

ScQDZhg.gif

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
As much as I love this show, I'm bummed that Jesse and Walt are at odds. I totally understand it, but I really enjoyed their relationship in the past.

Easily the best damn show out there next to Lost, (IMO). Glad this last season is doing the complete opposite of Dexter and NOT SUCKING.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
As much as I love this show, I'm bummed that Jesse and Walt are at odds. I totally understand it, but I really enjoyed their relationship in the past.

Easily the best damn show out there next to Lost, (IMO). Glad this last season is doing the complete opposite of Dexter and NOT SUCKING.

Yar, there was something so almost sweet about it, though I guess it was always too good to last! The cast is quite small now too, there's an aftermath feel to it, very tense.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Called it the second Walt called and gave them coordinates. I was watching with my dad, and he was like why the .... are you shaking the sofa so much?

Agreed.

Longest. Week. Ever.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Called it RIGHT before it happened

My room-mate called it as
Hank dying
and I figured out the why, but more because of Marie then anything else.

She's been dressed in all black for like two episodes now, so it seemed like something was bound to happen.
The ending was horseshit however, because it can only go so many ways and we know what has to happen

wankerness

Reaction score
Just...jesus christ. And :(:(:(
I'm guessing if hank dies that he uses his last few seconds alive to forward walt's phone confession to marie so she ends up blowing the lid on the whole thing. I'm really not happy about Gomie and (almost definitely) Hank biting it, though. I was sure either him or Marie was probably going to die in the next 45 seconds as soon as they did that "I love you" deal over the phone cause that is what cable tv has taught me over the last few years! And they had her filmed with that weird setup where you could see all the way down the hall from her so I was expecting some assassin to run in and blast her or something. It was a very subtle misdirect!

EDIT: Speaking of misdirects, I just realized that from the fadeout you think Jesse's going to get away and Hank's going to die, so it will probably be vice versa :(

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, that has been the most tense bit of television programming I've ever experienced. Whew!

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
This show is insane, I am way to involved in this program I was shaking during that final scene..

LONGEST WEEK LONG WAIT EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

EDIT: "we have come this far, for us. What's one more?" AGBURIBHISFV

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Fvck me!!!! I was like....please just ten more minutes....TEN MORE MINUTES!!!!!:scream:

That hillbilly had a USAS 12!!!! FVCK YES!!!!!:hbang:

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
I started breathing heavy over those last 10 minutes. That was possibly the most tension I've seen portrayed through a tv show.

SkapocalypseNow

Coffee Cups?
Reaction score
A place with stuff and things and people. Just kid
My reaction to the end of this week's episode.
tumblr_mngx21FyhC1qa8jwfo1_500.gif

No but seriously, between the coordinates already being given and that phone conversation, especially "It may be a while before I get home," it was a dead giveaway that shit was about to get real pretty much immediately. Although a good point was made a few posts up about misdirection, so now I don't know what to think.

Also, as was mentioned above, I definitely noticed Marie wearing black for two episodes. Since that color chart was posted up, I couldn't help but notice it. And I thought it was clever in last week's episode, that when Hank was trying to get her out of the house for a while, her suitcases just happened to be purple. Might've been a coincidence but I do think it was a sort of symbol of normalcy for her, and by turning down the chance to leave, she lost the last opportunity she would have to exist somewhat normally (by her standards), however temporary it might've been.

In any case, this is going to be a long week.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I know that seems like an obvious ending, but
I'm actually thinking they wouldn't make such a rookie writing mistake in this show. The bit about "I love you" leading to Hank dying would just be such an obvious development, I also think it's a misdirect and that Hank will probably live. That being said, I don't really over-think this show, because it just seems to work for me, and if I just hang back it inevitably provides great twists and developments, and no real deus ex machinas to piss me off.

Fat-Elf

Banned
Reaction score
I just have no ....ing idea what Walt was thinking for letting himself getting arrested.

')