You guys watching Breaking Bad?

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I think jesse's gonna go out from behind and get the pistol walt dropped.

Holy crap, you're right! And then probably hold Walt hostage to get away? Or just drive off? I can't figure it out. And part of me doesn't want to, because I want to savor every last second of these remaining episodes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Conklin

Reaction score
Well Hank is going to do something with Walt I think. Perhaps use Walt as a body shield, because the episode ended with Hank right behind the car Walt is in.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
totally crazy episode but unusually for this show two different characters grabbed the Idiot Ball in this episode and didn't let go

first Walt. that phone call was a piss poor performance on his part - that he missed something as obvious as checking to see if his rental van had GPS, and confessed to a huge number of crimes on the phone driving out to his money.

second Hank. he didn't even need to show himself at the money site - if he recorded the phone call, that would have been enough to take Walt in and they could have dug up the money later since they had already tracked him. But he really screwed up by calling into his wife to gloat about how he busted Walt, rather than calling into the DEA to get some heavily armed backup out there to secure the money.

what happens now?
Gomez seems like a goner for sure. Can't even begin to guess about Jesse and Hank but they might end up as hostages so the neo nazis can force Walt to cook for them.

Hammer

Reaction score
Walt will live and won't be arrested IMO, only based off the two scenes with him having hair and different glasses. Also, piss poor aiming from everyone, but it's a movie I guess. Come on, the dude with the M16-ish rifle could have easily capped both Gomez and Hank...

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking that with all those bullets hitting the car Walt was in, wouldn't at least one of them hit him?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm thinking that with all those bullets hitting the car Walt was in, wouldn't at least one of them hit him?

They're mostly confined to the front of the truck right now, taking out headlights and the engine, so they've got some room between him and the bullets. However, the aim of Todd's uncle is astounding given how many rounds they fired vs. how many have hit (answer: a shitload of bullets to zero hits)

wankerness

Reaction score
At this point anyone clicking on the thread should be smart enough to have watched the last episode, so I'm done with the ol' green text till next week! (spoiler warning if you really like trying to ruin things for yourself)

Post from another forum that made me rethink my opinion on Walt bigtime:

Walt is a superior moral agent to Hank. Both were given the opportunity for decisions, and Walt made the more moral decision every time. (at least recently anyway)

Walt is has the opportunity to kill Hank as well chronicled in our thread here, and even after Saul suggests it he refuses. Even though he knows he is risking everything. He is given the opportunity to kill Jessie, and it is suggested again and he refuses again. It is not until Jessie directly threatens his family and tells him he will be coming after what he loves that he reluctantly decides to kill him. At the end he sees Jessie and Hank have followed him to the money. He knows he can have them both killed, he has armed backup that is a few minutes away with superior numbers, and instead he calls off the attack and orders them not to come. Even though he knows by doing that he is giving up not only his freedom, but all of his money, all of his money for his children (again!) and making all the terrible things he had done be for nothing. Even faced with this he chooses not to make the kill order, and in fact calls it off. Drops his gun, when he could have gone out shooting (he believes he is going to die anyway) and voluntarily walks into custody. Even cuffed in the truck with Hank gloating over him, he still tries to yell to stop the attack.

If Hank was really after justice he would have instantly gone to the DEA once he knew what was going on, they had more manpower and more resources, he could have given them all the information. His wife begs him to do it. They would have found evidence against Walt eventually. Hank does not do this because he knows it will be the end of his career. Out of cowardice and self interest he decides to try and get Walt himself. His only motivation is selfish personal revenge, not justice. He sets up the meeting with Jessie and Walt knowing that there is a chance it is a trap Jessie will be killed, and doesn't care because sacrificing Jessie would just be another way of catching Walt. His only concern is revenge at all costs. The opposite of Walt in the final scene.

Gomie is collateral damage.

pink freud

Reaction score

If they couldn't
manage to hit somebody the size of Hank with a wall of bullets
I think
Walt is pretty safe

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
totally crazy episode but unusually for this show two different characters grabbed the Idiot Ball in this episode and didn't let go

first Walt. that phone call was a piss poor performance on his part - that he missed something as obvious as checking to see if his rental van had GPS, and confessed to a huge number of crimes on the phone driving out to his money.

And such confessions would have been inadmissible without a warrant. Remember, Hank and Gomez are still operating outside the DEA's authority on this little sting.

Also, with regards to the van, there's a couple simpler explanations. He might have trusted Saul to get him an untraceable vehicle (which Saul technically did). And aside from that, the notion that a rental vehicle might be GPS-equipped might have not even crossed his mind. After all, he's obviously not an expert on the matter, and the past has shown that, as much as anything, he's been really lucky. Now his luck is running out.

second Hank. he didn't even need to show himself at the money site - if he recorded the phone call, that would have been enough to take Walt in and they could have dug up the money later since they had already tracked him. But he really screwed up by calling into his wife to gloat about how he busted Walt, rather than calling into the DEA to get some heavily armed backup out there to secure the money.

Again, the phone call would be inadmissible. Besides, I wouldn't call it dumb, just not particularly genre savvy. Hank wanted to nail Walt to the wall for betraying his trust so badly. Besides, as far as he knew, the only one out there was gonna be Walt. Hank didn't know that Walt could have the cavalry there so quickly. Hell, WALT didn't even know that they could mobilize so fast.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
At this point anyone clicking on the thread should be smart enough to have watched the last episode, so I'm done with the ol' green text till next week! (spoiler warning if you really like trying to ruin things for yourself)

Post from another forum that made me rethink my opinion on Walt bigtime:

Yeah, I think whoever made those assertions is really stretching the truth. Walt has killed or allowed far more people to die than Hank has. And ALWAYS out of selfishness. If he were truly only trying to provide for his family he would have stopped when he hit his goal of $737,000. But now he has around $20 million dollars, and has risked his family's safety and sanity to get there. I think the show did a pretty good job of showing how Hank has been right about all of his hunches regarding this case, and the rest of the department, IMO, wouldn't have been able to bring Walt in. It's really only Hank who has been able to. And, ego or not, this has been Hank's personal project since the beginning, so that much hasn't changed. But, while Hank is not perfect, and would lose no tears over Jesse's death, Walt's racked up a body count higher that I could even hazard to guess.

JustMac

ss not-so-regular
Reaction score
Is it me or has Hank become el gigantor douchebag since the series returned? I used to really like his character, and he seemed like a genuinely good guy. Now he's just a career-obsessed, reckless, selfish asshole.

Also....most recent episode was mind-blowing,
The moment I saw the trucks on the horizon I instantly got that sinking feeling, something which a tv series hasn't induced in me in years. I've got to admit, I kinda doubt they'd let Hank be killed off at the beginning of an episode, he's too vital of a character, but we'll see. Gomie is the guy clearly wearing the "red shirt" in that final shootout, my money's on him getting offed at the beginning of the next ep. I noticed the camera kept cutting to Jesse frantically looking for a way out, perhaps he finds some keys to that Dodge and Hank jumps in. You can really feel the show heating up for the final few episodes though, can't wait to see how all this turns out.

wankerness

Reaction score
I bet there are legions of people yelling about how that news is a spoiler cause now they know he won't die, or something.

It will probably be bad cause the last Vince Gilligan-written spinoff with awesome characters from an awesome show was pretty damn bad (Lone Gunmen). I mean, I'll hope it isn't and I'll certainly watch the first couple episodes, but these things never seem to go well!

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
I bet there are legions of people yelling about how that news is a spoiler cause now they know he won't die, or something.

It will probably be bad cause the last Vince Gilligan-written spinoff with awesome characters from an awesome show was pretty damn bad (Lone Gunmen). I mean, I'll hope it isn't and I'll certainly watch the first couple episodes, but these things never seem to go well!

Its a prequel.....

wankerness

Reaction score
Oh, good. The link I saw earlier didn't mention that, this one clearly does, I'm a genius :ugh:

I still figure it will bomb but hey, at least it will be better than Franklin and Bash.

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
Guys, this is so perfect. Jimmy nails Cranston's mannerisms.

EDIT: the guys who played Hank and Gus were spot on too..

wankerness

Reaction score
Those elaborate nerdy recreations he does (the GoT one is like this too) just make me embarrassed for him cause of the audience reactions, you can tell barely any of them have seen what he's parodying so most of the actually clever stuff just gets dead silence and then they do some fakey half-laugh whenever there's something they don't get but looks like broad humor to them (ex the pizza throw, the ass being blown off). In conclusion, Jimmy Fallon is a huge nerd and whoever wrote this is clearly a huge fan. I liked the Jay Leno.

The guy who was Jesse at the beginning is pretty good, too.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
This last episode has me extremely on edge. I'm so nervous about the next episode. FACK!

')