You guys watching Breaking Bad?

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaredowty

Reaction score
^I'm starting to agree - they better bust out some great payoffs quick, because this season is starting to drag badly. We're on episode nine and hardly anything has happened, and whatever intense moments we've had have mostly been retread of earlier seasons.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't quite say NOTHING has happened, I mean Hank is making MAJOR breakthroughs, although the writers are doing the atypical "One guy has the right idea, but things are really so crazy that even though he has it right, it's too crazy to believe ZOMG!" Not to mention the issue they raised with Walt's income vs. the car wash's

murakami

Banned
Reaction score
gus is the man... i really like how we're seeing this human side of him, when during the first of this season, he seemed like this omega boogey man not to fuck with. i mean, HE IS a man not to be screwed with, but knowing his past and seeing how he reacts to stress shows a totally different side of him.

i kind of hate how walt is getting rubbed out, but damn; the trio of jesse, gus and mike is really interesting.

jaredowty

Reaction score
^Exactly, that last episode was so satisfying. I used to fear and at times even despise Gus, now I root for him. Brilliant.

I like how Walt has been taken out of the action this season for the most part, it'll be epic when he returns to it.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Wow, what a show. Without a doubt my current favourite. I only started watching a few months ago but i'm totally caught up now. To me, it's like what Dexter should be. They are fairly similar shows in a lot of respects but BB seems to have a better series arc than Dexter does. Also, all of the "they almost caught them" moments are explained to a much more convincing/believable degree. The only problem with being fully caught up is now I have to wait an entire week for each new episode :( :lol:. Oh well, it should be worth the wait

No real spoilers here, but i'll use the tags anyways:

I love how we're getting to find out more and more about Gus, to the point where he's pretty much a good guy. I imagine the next step is finding out how he got his operation going (post partner murder), then what got him interested doing his thang in the first place (pre partner murder). Also, i'm sure we'll soon find out more about Mike as well, as i'm sure he'll open up to Jesse.

Earlier in the season, i was getting very pissed at Skylar. She was doing all of that bitching about wanting that car-wash and then she was contemplating leaving the state!!!??? Bitch please, walt has enough on his plate. He doesn't need to go back to washing cars :lol:

jaredowty

Reaction score
^Indeed, Dexter's writers started to run out of ideas pretty quickly and have gotten sloppy as hell when it comes to creating believable situations. Breaking Bad has its moments of heightened/exaggerated reality, sure, but none of these moments are anywhere near as ridiculous as what happens on Dexter on a regular basis. Also, the side characters are waayy better on BB, as well as the acting and cinematography.

jaredowty

Reaction score
Sweet, I knew it was gonna get super epic at some point. I gotta wait till I get home from work to watch it..

murakami

Banned
Reaction score
sorry, i had spoilers in my post. i apologize! i didn't realize the person above didn't watch the show yet.

awesome episode!

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
Christ, i'll bet the writers get-off on us having to wait for the next episode (bloody sadists :realmad::lol:). This shit is meth-like on the addiction scale. I like when there is a lot going on with the main characters, so they don't have to pad things up with
OMG Marie is shoplifting
type shit. It looks like it'll be awhile before the action slows down. :yesway:

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
The last few episodes pick up and they're going to leave us with, yet again, a cliffhanger.

Alimination

Space Adventurer
Reaction score
holy hell, yeah the last episode was intense. Can't wait till the new one.

Looking forward to the new Sons of anarchy episodes as well. :)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm so behind it's ridiculous :( Fuck you school and work, I just want to live vicariously through a bald man and his assistant who cook meth for a man that owns a chain of fast food! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, this season was a little sleepy earlier on, but they're making up for it in spades now! Holy crap it's intense! I recorded last weeks episode and replayed Jesse's argument with the old cartel cook over and over again. That was such a cool scene.

And do you guys hang out with anyone that watches it? I am literally the only person in my extended circle of acquaintances that has even heard of it, much less seen in. How is it everyone is not watching this? (actually I'm not sure I want the answer to that. I'm embarrassed for mankind that Keeping up with the Kardashians is still on the air.)

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Same here man, I'm the only one I know who watches it. A few of my friends watch "Weeds" but I don't feel like it has the same level of "holy shit" that BB does; even when one is on cable too!

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
I got my ex into watching Breaking Bad last season. She actually got into it the show to the point where she borrowed Season 1 & 2 from me. For a biochemistry major, she doesn't seem to care about the chemistry side of the show, but more of the crazy shit that happens. Then again, who doesn't?

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
I was at a friend's party last weekend and a wised everybody up, as none of them had seen it. I expect to recieve a large number of "Thanks dude, you're right. Breaking Bad is awesome";)

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I literally just watched the pilot episode on Netflix. Not completely hooked right off the bat, but I'm going to give it a go. Afterall, I've got to have something to do in the time between the airings of Sons Of Anarchy.

')