You guys watching Breaking Bad?

• Thread starter Hollowway
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
What build up for the finale. Going by the commercials for walk-on roles, there will be a season 5. That's a red flag for yet another cliffhanger finale.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
With the strong possibility of House ending after the next season, I thought it would be safe to pick up a new show, so I've been watching this since last week, and I just finished season 2 over the weekend.

MY GOD.

It's so on edge! Every single part of this show is amazing and ridiculous. The only thing I don't like, is now I think of money in terms of 'how much meth I'd have to cook to make that.' :rofl:

Oh, and I'ven noticed how much this show can mess with my relation to characters, the last half of S1 ad first half of S2 had me hating Skylar and Junior with a passion, but now I've got a completely different mindset, it's sort of the same with Walt's progression from a weak man with no confidence into Heisenberg. Complete turnaround.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, tonight's episode provided yet another couple of plot turns. Gotta love this! And now we need to wait til next summer for the next season. Arrrgh! But, I do like the fact that they run the whole season back to back, no off weeks. That's pretty cool. :yesway:

jaredowty

Reaction score
I'm gonna be pissed if this season ends with a cliffhanger. We need a solid resolution for this chaotic shit, not another waiting game. Still, Episode 12 was great stuff. I have no idea who's gonna die, but I know someone is.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
That season finale was amazing. Gus is a motherfucking BOSS.

decypher

Reaction score
Just watched the season finale, I can't remember any show being remotely as intense as Breaking Bad is, especially season 4. It's right up there with The Wire and The Sopranos, if not slightly above those two as well.
The way the show lost it's comedic elements over the time while introducing a far darker and subtle humor is the perfect development for a show like this - and thats something that Dexter is lacking right now, as much as I like the show - the season opener already seemed so "routine" to me (have to see Ep2 yet).

...now I'll try to hibernate for a(lmost a) year. see ya !

emperor_black

Reaction score
Awesome finish for the finale! Any idea when the next season starts? can you tell I can't wait? :lol:

BTW, I thought that was a little over dramatic...Gus standing up and tidying himself up after the, you know what. Is that even possible?

lobee

vicioustabbing
Reaction score
Yeah, that was pretty cartoony.
I'm hoping it's not the moment the show jumps the shark and they have Gus ultimately surviving the blast, leaving him a disfigured Two-Face-esque villain. I think the news report said they had 3 confirmed deaths. What if the third death was actually the little old lady next door who was saying hello to Walt when he was hiding out from Gus's right-hand man?

Also, AMC really fucked up the timing on this. The season finale of Breaking Bad should have led up right into the season premiere of The Walking Dead. Zombie Gus cameo, anyone?:lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't take that part as a serious scene. I took it as Vince Gilligan making a little joke at Gus's expense. The way I read the scene, he didn't actually walk out and do that, it was more Vince throwing a little black humor in, just for the viewer, as a side thing, not to be taken as part of the show. Kind of like in some movies where the actors look right and the camera and say something to us, the audience. You don't take that as part of the scene, but it feels cool to be "included." I say that because it seems so preposterous that Gus would (or could) do that. I think I'm probably wrong, given that a lot of critics said it was a little over the top and unrealistic as well. But I enjoyed it!

x360rampagex

Reaction score
I have not seen it, as I live in the UK and they arn't showing it, I hear good things about it, and am looking to get season 1 and 2 on DVD.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I have not seen it, as I live in the UK and they arn't showing it, I hear good things about it, and am looking to get season 1 and 2 on DVD.

Do it, you won't regret it. Every once in a while we do TV over here worth shipping to you guys. This is one of those times. (Although you owe us big for sending Idol over here. :spock:)

x360rampagex

Reaction score
Do it, you won't regret it. Every once in a while we do TV over here worth shipping to you guys. This is one of those times. (Although you owe us big for sending Idol over here. :spock:)

Erm...yeah, sorry about that, we just wanted to get rid of it.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Season 1 & 2 have a ton of action and story, especially Season 1 since the writers did not expect to get the green light for another season.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
I literally just watched the pilot episode on Netflix. Not completely hooked right off the bat, but I'm going to give it a go. Afterall, I've got to have something to do in the time between the airings of Sons Of Anarchy.

Updating for my sake, I just finished Season 3 and I'm way into it. This is neck and neck with SOA for me. About to start on Season 4 this evening!

emperor_black

Reaction score
Never knew that Sons of Anarchy was as good as Breaking Bad. Might have to check it out then. Thanks! :)

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
Yeah, that was pretty cartoony.
I'm hoping it's not the moment the show jumps the shark and they have Gus ultimately surviving the blast, leaving him a disfigured Two-Face-esque villain. I think the news report said they had 3 confirmed deaths. What if the third death was actually the little old lady next door who was saying hello to Walt when he was hiding out from Gus's right-hand man?

Also, AMC really fucked up the timing on this. The season finale of Breaking Bad should have led up right into the season premiere of The Walking Dead. Zombie Gus cameo, anyone?:lol:

I don't think you have to worry about it being a jump-the-shark moment. It's all a bit tidy and I think they could probably have just finished the show there. But, since we know there's another season, I think
we'll get more of who Gus really was. If you recall at the flashback to the meeting where his friend was shot, the Mexican don said he was being left because he knew who he was. Maybe there's a high profile crime boss in Chile that'll turn up to avenge him.

')