You know who I hate...

• Thread starter jaredowty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jaredowty

Reaction score
...people that treat their musical opinions like they're facts, and that they're right and everyone else is wrong due to their "superior intellect".

Example: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=b9aa845d-f939-4852-bafb-6fafde90b163

I mean, I'm not a huge Tool fan, but I find everything he says to be absolutely ridiculous. Anyone else here strongly dislike elitists? The saddest thing of it all is that a lot of people agree with them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

March_of_the_Mutes

Reaction score
for some reason i cant load the video but is this the one with the hippie with sunglasses who says tool writes in 4/4 and sounds like the ticking of a clock..their not wierd or dark....etc?

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
...people that treat their musical opinions like they're facts, and that they're right and everyone else is wrong due to their "superior intellect".

Example: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...&MyToken=b9aa845d-f939-4852-bafb-6fafde90b163

I mean, I'm not a huge Tool fan, but I find everything he says to be absolutely ridiculous. Anyone else here strongly dislike elitists? The saddest thing of it all is that a lot of people agree with them.

Well, he's right in saying that Tool don't really have a whole lot of chord-movement and harmony, but that's just their style; it's stupid to say that they suck because of it. Look at at Meshuggah--no harmony there, but they still kick ass :metal: Not all music requires massive expansive chords and whatnot.

So yeah, this dude is a douche. Although, to be fair, he is rather right that Tool do sound a bit repetitive after a while (in fact, that's why my bassist doesn't like to listen to them), so he is right in their regard, but his elitist "I know music theory, and you don't!' attitude is pure bullshit.

Seems to me like he's jealous that they're like 1000 times bigger than him :lol:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I've learned to not worry about what others think about music I like. Nor should anyone give a shit if I don't like something you do like.

So many people though are snotty assholes about their musical tastes. It gets old immediately. Just because you like [insert band name here] doesn't mean anything. I happen to love Tool but if someone disagrees I don't give a rat's ass.

Spoongirl

Bunnies :wub:
Reaction score
What an idiot. I hate the way he talks too, wanting to sound like ""superior""

there are Tool songs that aren't pure 4/4 and hey, what the hell, besides this I listen to Tool (as many other people) because of their energy and because I just feel good listening to them. Why he just doesn't dedicate to write his music and to do his shit? Is he jealous of Tool or something :lol: ?

So yeah, this dude is a douche. Although, to be fair, he is rather right that Tool do sound a bit repetitive after a while (in fact, that's why my bassist doesn't like to listen to them)

Gosh, I can't get tired of listening to these repetitive songs. :agreed:

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
geez thats rediculous (sorry forn spelling, im still sick). i looked @ his space and nothing where i could find his music. unless thats what was playing on the auto-player thing. then it sucked.

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny how its bugged him to the point of making a video about it...if you don't like the music then just don't listen to it.

BigM555

I SS.org Salute You!
Contributor
Reaction score
"I want to stop watching your fucking video......buh bye"

Say what he wants. I've personally found that 10,000 Days CD has but one, maybe two good songs on it.

BUT THE POT IS ENOUGH REASON ALONE TO BUY IT! That tune absolutely kicks ass.

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Haha, that's Sir Millard Mulch. I'm pretty sure that that was done as a joke.

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
so according to him, if you dont know anything about music you shouldnt be allowed to listen to it?

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny how its bugged him to the point of making a video about it...if you don't like the music then just don't listen to it.

You know, I like Tool and all, but some of the fanbase can really, really bother me in that they elevate their idols to mythic proportions, how they're the most intelligent band on the planet ad nauseum, and it can really grate, so I can understand someone wanting to knock the band down a peg, even if it only to get at the pretentious annoying cocksucking fans.

Of course, I don't let the fans get to me, I'll just listen to the music and let that be that. So while I say I understand someone wanting to knock the band down a peg, I don't mean that it's something I'd actually do.

so according to him, if you dont know anything about music you shouldnt be allowed to listen to it?

Well it would stop all these talentless idiots getting into the charts, wouldn't it? :yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, he's right in saying that Tool don't really have a whole lot of chord-movement and harmony, Look at at Meshuggah--no harmony there, but they still kick ass :metal: Not all music requires massive expansive chords and whatnot.
Although, to be fair, he is rather right that Tool do sound a bit repetitive after a while (in fact, that's why my bassist doesn't like to listen to them)

Good points. That's the whole reason I have never been able to get into Tool very much. I like to have that sense of melodic storytelling in music, or if it's more simplistic, than to just be catchy, as opposed to trying to sound "different" for the sake of being different (my personal take on Tool).

But I love Meshuggah. Probably more so because they're metal, I think.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
You know what I hate more than that? People who take the time to make VIDEOS to put on youtube or myspace, specifically ranting or talking shit about something no one gives a rats ass about..

Latest posts

')