Your 1st

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

areyna21

Reaction score
I paid half and my parents paid half to get this bc rich pack after i played my dads old classical for a year and stuck with it. My first seven was a schecter a-7 elite which i got in a trade.
MetalMaster_combo-38c29e7180e45c824a90744d99c83fa4.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
It was a mexi strat, Fender Squire, and I worked all summer at McPukes to get it. That was 14 years ago an even then I was tuning that bitch down to B standard and A standard :lol:

Arde595

Reaction score
First guitar of mine was ESP-LTD Viper-100. It was good instrument, although the G-string stayed in tune approximately five minutes if it was bended. I sold it about a year ago for 200 euros mainly because I don't like 24,75" scale.

s4tch

Reaction score
I bought myself an Ibanez EX370 FMTB in '92, pretty axe, great sound with DiMarzio Al di Meola pickups, and very comfortable. I got it till last year. I'll never miss it though, Japanese Ibbys and Jacksons are better guitars for a similar price.

ibanez-5-24_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

GhostsofAcid

Suiçmez fanboy
Reaction score
A silvertone strat clone. Man those single coils were buzzy as all hell. After that i got an ibby GIO GAX70, which actually wasn't half bad.

Aaron

Reaction score
Mine was an Ibanez SA160 then shortly after i got a Schecter C1 Elite, then a week after that i got an Ibanez RG7321. This was in 2004

techjsteele

Gear Junkie
Contributor
Reaction score
My first seven was a DeArmond Seven Star (bought back in late 2000). My first guitar period was an 87 Ibanez Roadstar I bought in a pawn shop for $100.

solarian

Reaction score
Fender Squire! (far right in the pic) It's been through so much stupid shit it's ridiculous--crappy paint jobs that pretty much destroyed the guitar, but now it's at a natural finish with new electronics where it will be from now on.

First 7 - 7620vk. I miss the guitar, but unfortunately sold it because I had no clue what I was doing with it--the 7-strings and bridge was just too much for me back then. I regret that to this day :( BUUUTTT!!! I have a 7620 again, and <3 it to death, along with my new S7420qm.

Reion

ADVENTURE TIME
Reaction score
I paid half and my parents paid half to get this bc rich pack after i played my dads old classical for a year and stuck with it. My first seven was a schecter a-7 elite which i got in a trade.

Ha! My first guitar was the same pack. Still have that one here, somewhere.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Also a B.C Rich bronze warlock haha still have it but its not functional anymore maybe one day if i ever get around to it it will be

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
At first I though this was about a different topic all together. Thankfully, it is much less creepy than I initially though...I can also participate in this version.

Mine was a Burst Dean of some sort. Possibly an Avalanche model? I believe it was H-S-S with a rosewood board. Come to think of it, in my first three years of playing I switched guitars 6 or 7 times. It was a MIA Fender that made me honest.

etb1234

Reaction score
I got my first 2 guitars at the same time at age 3. My dad got new gear and gave me this red ES-335 copy with holes in it and a vantage les paul that was covered in old stickers. Neither played great and I think they left my hands as soon as I had the ability to get new instruments. Do not regret it.

otisct20

Reaction score
Mine was an Ibanez GAX70, it felt alright but the intonation was terrible and it sounded pretty awful but it got the job done. First seven (its also my only guitar right now) was/is an LTD MH-417. I love it to pieces, and it sound amazing.

7stringDemon

Reaction score
Jackson JS1R.

However, my first 7, first Ibanez, first floating trem AND first quality guitar was an RG1527RB that I miss to death :(

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
my first is an Ibanez RS440, that I got when I was 14, still have it, still rocks out.....but am looking to retire it till I learn how to do fret jobs myself.

Contra

Reaction score
My first was a yamaha se150 that one of my dad's friends ended up leaving at the house. After who-knows-how-many years, I've basically claimed it and used it to learn to play and do setups. Sadly, after years of neglect, it needs more work than I can give it, since the saddles have corroded to the point of being largely nonadjustable.
Still, it's a pretty nice sounding and playing guitar, even though the neck is a bit thick and it only has a single pickup.

')