Your 1st

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nostealbucket

aint no gahdam woman
Reaction score
My first guitar was a first act acoustic. It was so bad that my uncle (who also plays guitar) took it back to walmart.
I never actually ever played it. But My first guitar that I actually played was a Greg Bennet acoustic.

My first electric was a dean avalanche. A red strat copy. I loved that guitar... until I took it apart when I thought I could be like eddie van halen.

My first 7 was a Carvin Dc727 I got a year ago. Best $1100 I've ever spent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Mine was a crappy SX guitar, it stayed in tune though and could take a beating. I gave it to my mate recently to learn on.

kst62k-car.jpg

MrPfloyd

Reaction score
Yamaha Pacifica. still have it, upgraded it many times over the years and still play it. it's funny how guitars somehow feel right in your hands after so many years, and that is one of them.

Mordacain

Formerly 1-watt brigadier
Reaction score
My first electric was an old Olympic White Squier. It actually was a fantastic playing axe as a I recall (and might have been MIJ) but I stupidly followed the advice of someone I respected and returned it. What makes it worse is that I replaced it with a Neon Yellow RG of MIJ vintage (not sure of model) that I later turned into an art project as I had no appreciation for the shredly axes back in my noob years.

That poor RG got battered and abused in student art shows for a couple of years and then eventually was defretted and is currently disassembled while I decide whether I want to strip it and rebuild it or just put it back together and have a weirdo fretless axe.

Djentleguy

Reaction score
Epiphone Les Paul Studio, first and my currently used guitar. I don't have any other guitar, but i will get my first 7 soon. Schecter Hellraiser C-7

EDIT: I didn't even notice the dude who commented before me, we have the same guitar bro lol

Jason_Clement

Reaction score
Epiphone Les Paul Studio, first and my currently used guitar. I don't have any other guitar, but i will get my first 7 soon. Schecter Hellraiser C-7

EDIT: I didn't even notice the dude who commented before me, we have the same guitar bro lol

Haha, it was my first guitar for the longest time. I haven't touched it in a good five years.

GEAR RANT, irrelevant: I had a Jackson PS4, but I sold that when I decided I hated Floyd Rose systems. Now I am currently using a highly modded Ibanez RG321MH with an EMG 85/60 set. Bought everything used and fixed it up myself, it was my first guitar-fixing-up project ever lol.

But I'm tired of having shitty gear after playing for 8 years, so I've got a Schecter SLS C-7 on the way, and I just purchased a Peavey 3120 head.

Don Vito

Reaction score
First guitar was a Maestro/Gibson Les Paul my parents bought me for Christmas 2006.

They got it at Target iirc. Terrible instrument. I was going to smash it the day I got my Ibanez RG(first "real" guitar), but ended up giving it to a bassist friend of mine. I don't miss it even the slightest.

My first seven string is my current guitar, a Schecter C7 Hellraiser.
We are getting along alright.

Felvin

Friesian Hamburger
Reaction score
Yamaha RGX 121 FP (1993)

1270036826_84719724_2-Pictures-of--YAMAHA-Electrical-Guitar-model-noRGX-121fp.jpg

Edit: First Photo was a 321 FP...

Metal_Webb

Needs more strings
Reaction score
264476_220645837966431_100000630485205_753185_5299357_n.jpg

My first...the obligatory strat copy.

Played it for about 4 years before putting it away in a case for 3. It sounded like arse and I could not get teh brootlz out of it. Then, when I started playing again after really getting into Devin Townsend's stuff, I put some heavy as shit strings on there and tuned it to open C. Haven't looked back since :shred: It's strange like that sometimes.

Zado

Reaction score
Mine was an SX '62 strat.Andi still is,it rocked so hard (and had such an amazing playability) I couldn't get rid of it.

So I customized

59552644_13971070_100035018.jpg

Some yellow pinstrpes,a duncan JBjr and nothing more (the tuners work surprisingly well so I never needed to change them).

Now it rocks even harder,and when some van halen stuff is needed,she comes and saves the day.

Anonymous

Expect us
Reaction score
My first guitar was a really decent Acoustic, but the fret board seperated from the neck. Then I got a Berhinger Strat copy, sounded nice, played nice, still have it. (Most of it)
First seven was an Ibanez RG7321 loaded with a ToneZone and Air Norton. Wish I still had it.

caskettheclown

Sexytime!
Reaction score
Johnson Telecaster copy
that I traded for a Johnson Stratocaster copy

Both of them really good guitars for the money

First good guitar was an old Ibanez RG with a licensed floyd.

I miss the Ibanez like crazy though

Diggy

Banned
Reaction score
:noplease:Mine was a Peavey too.. USA Horizon II I believe.. pawned it for $80 long ago.

Murmel

Reaction score
My first guitar was a Schecter Omen 6.

It's still probably one of the best, if not THE best playing guitar I've played to date. I guess I must've been lucky as fuck :lol:
It has almost no sustain though. But if it had, it would easily be the best guitar I've laid hands on in terms of playability. Hell, it doesn't sound bad either.

nkri

Reaction score
Washburn Lyon LCT24:

user%20files%20009-11.JPG

It was really neck heavy, but solid for a cheap beginner model. When I was 15, I ended up selling it for $75 (half of what it was worth) to buy a case for my second guitar...always wish I kept it around, it was actually a much better guitar than I thought at the time :wallbash:

')