Your 1st

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

a curry

Reaction score
my first was a peavey i cant believe how many people started out on them, my first 7 was my carvin 727 but i ordered it, so i bought an ibanez rg7321 to hold me over till my carvin got here, needless to say i no longer have the ibby.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JStraitiff

Melodic Mamma Jamma
Reaction score
Mine was a squire mini stratocaster which is a 3/4 scale. My dad got it for me along with an old school marshall MG amp. It kinda sucks but it was good enough to learn some fundamentals on. My first decent guitar was an epiphone les paul that my friend lent to me and remained in my possession. I still use that marshall practice amp. Its like 20 watts and the preamp sounds like total shit with any sort of gain but i plug a digitech modeling pedal into it and get a usable tone out of it for jamming.

Just A Box

Reaction score
Synsonics "strat" like thing with a speaker on the side. My sister got it for me. That thing would go way out of tune if you so much as looked at it the wrong way.

oracles

Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
Reaction score
Mine was an entry level Jackson Kelly. Neck dives something awful, but I still have it and adore the thing. Never getting rid of her. First 7 was an Agile Interceptor Pro 727 that I regretably sold last year :(

Ribboz

Enjoy
Reaction score
prs-se-eg-white-2004-softcasel.jpg

This is not my photo but the same model. It was a good guitar. If I remember right I sold it to fund getting my Soldano Avenger.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
A 2005 RG7321. My first guitar ever and still my main-axe

Underworld

Reaction score
My first electric was a mexican Fender Strat. I had it for 10 years+ but I sold it to a friend to found a custom.

My first 7 was an Ibanez 7221 that I sold a couple of years after to buy a better 7!

unclejemima218

190 Proof
Reaction score
mine was a Squier Strat about 8 years ago. was actually pretty solid, I enjoyed it a lot. The nut did kind of explode on me so I had to glue it together, but other than that it was probably the best 1st guitar I could've had!

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
My Epiphone G-310. Absolutely timeless guitar for me, played it for a long time before I got my next guitar which was a huge upgrade, but like a lot of people, I couldn't get rid of it.

I swapped the Tuners for some nice Black Grovers, threw in the only EMG I like in the bridge (EMG-HZ Passive) and I have an awesome backup guitar, and I can test different tunings on it and customize it to all hell. But I can't imagine losing it now, not like anyone would want an Epiphone that's a bit beat up and has been modded as far as it has haha.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
First guitar I got was an Austin strat copy in transparent red, had a maple fretboard and 22 frets, I have no idea wtf I did with it honestly.

ASoC

Downpicker \m/
Reaction score
My first guitar was a yamaha acoustic that is still my only acoustic, I got it used and its actually pretty nice :)

First electric was a Squier Strat that I stickered up and changed all the parts on. Its the guitar I'm rocking in my avatar pic :hbang:

Also here:
425904_3338651708530_1335770475_3334604_1271059165_n.jpg

First 7 was a Schecter Damien Elite that I got a year ago (and of course I got it in black cherry because metallic black is boring :lol:)

308796_2749481579645_1335770475_3092585_213684802_n.jpg

CTID

Pondering My Orb
Reaction score
sqb.jpg

I don't have a picture of my particular one. But it's a Squier Bullet. Basically a hardtail Strat. Not a terrible guitar but I've DEFINITELY played much better ones.

fassaction

Reaction score
My mom gave me an old classical acoustic guitar that she had in our basement from when she was in high school. It was a yamaha, might have actually been worth a little money today....but, I was a complete idiot when I was 13 years old and I put regular acoustic strings on it, instead of nylon strings. I ended up screwing up the wood on the bridge and it needed to be repaired. o_O

Reaction score
Dean Baby Z which was crap! Fell apart after 7 months. Then went up in the world with an Ibanez RG7321, which I still own. It has gathered dust unfortunately and should have another play soon.

Azathoth43

ל ו ו י י ת ן
Reaction score
My first guitar was a Kramer Aerostar Strat copy. I saved up money all winter and summer to buy it back in '93. Loved that guitar. It's probably just the nostalgia talking, but I would like to fix it up.

TheBigGroove

Reaction score
epiphone goth sg...was a factory 2 and the guys at the store didn't even tell me. possibly the worst guitar i've ever laid my hands on.

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
My first guitar was an Ibanez RG5EX1 in flat black. Not the best first guitar.

Cheap floyd = can't learn how to change strings (especially with shitty guitar teacher)

I sold it to a friend of mine and the dick completely ruined it. Scraped it up, lost the locking nuts, raised the bridge so high that the neck almost snapped, lost the blocks that keep the strings locked (then blamed me for not giving them to him :lol:). Then his parents bought him a hellraiser and he sold it back to me. I made 20 bucks off of him.

Still have the guitar and have upgraded the shizzle out of it.

Latest posts

')