Your bass tone suggestions

• Thread starter tofumannen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
Indeed russian circles. He has an a crushing bass tone. You seen the live version of that song in the studio? the bass sounds ever better live lol

Also a huge fan of Peter Steele's bass tone, as dirty as it is. At 2:10 you hear it really kicking in

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
I want to say GVSB (Girls Against Boys), but for some reason, not finding any good examples -- was that only live that they sounded that good?

Nmaster

Reaction score
Fretless bass is usually my favorite, especially like in Beyond Creation, Obscura, Augury, etc. It just has that awesome mournful "mwah" to it that really can give a song more character.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Just while I remember - another Peter Steele tone, which has the bass on its own at the start. Quite possibly the filthiest and most distorted bass tone I've ever heard, I thought it was a guitar when I first heard it. Magnificent.

It's great how big a part of the mix he was too - he was usually just as loud as the guitar, maybe even louder.

Also, how no-one has suggested Billy Gould is beyond me. Go to 0:45 and shit ALL the brix.

')