Your bass tone suggestions

• Thread starter tofumannen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tofumannen

Reaction score
Youwgh!!!
I'd appreciate hearing your suggestions of ....ING BRUTAL distorted bass tones :hbang:
My favorite so far is the bass tone on Meshuggahs Destroy Erase Improve, so anything close to that or any brutal tone would be nice to hear :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mprinsje

st. anger ain't bad!
Reaction score
i always go for pretty med heavy tones. With some distortion on that it really brings the growl/grind/whatever it is

Ikiharmaa

It's all white.
Reaction score
I always liked the tone on Mokoma's Kuoleman Laulukunnaat

Diablo also had cool tones

JoeyW

Reaction score
The best metal bass tone I've heard is Ryan Martinie's on LD 50, which I'm pretty sure is pretty bare bones, Warwick Thumb---> Ampeg Svt Pro 3 and a bit of compression. I'd say the bulk of the tone came from the Thumb and his fingers/thumb.

His tone in this video is tiiight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQu7j4LPpF0

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Nolly has a beastly bass tone (in the last half of the video he talks about the tone and plays a few examples) :)

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
I got the Hartke Bass Attack pedal just because I love that limiting sound -- doesn't work well with distorted tones, though. I do like to mix clean with distorted though, so maybe I should put that only on the clean channel...damn, just thought of that, and pretty sure I won't have time to try it until this weekend at the earliest.

MrSleepwalker

Reaction score
Hey mate, check out this:

EBMM bass + overdrive = huge metal bass tone :metal:

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
....ing brutal you say?

Mortician has probably one of the most brutal bass tones out there.
0:44 to skip to the music.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I thought it was a truth, universally accepted, that there is no more colossal, thunderous, downright evil bass sound than this?

At 0:23. Amazed it hasn't been mentioned yet. I'd do the worst things imaginable to have a bass sound like that.

')