Your Career - How Do You Feel About It?

• Thread starter Konfyouzd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Probably for the better as there is no one the civil engineer hates more than the architect :lol:. We make the dream come true, and they get all the credit. Kind of annoying really when you have to argue it isn't possible to have an entire building without columns just because they envision it :lol:.

Still liking my job a lot, and loving the underground environment. Passed my 3 months start of last turn around. Got to do a pretty cool experiment with detonators, and blow some stuff up. Living the dream. Nothing like sequencing (timing) an round to go off and having it all come out great, first damned try. Especially when a round is 400+m^3 of in situ rock.

Sounds like architect is to civil engineer as the salesperson is to the technical consultant... :lol:

They promise stuff they don't even fully understand and then we arrive on site like... "Wait. You want this program to do WHAT?! Who the hell told you it could do that?" :lol:

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
I applied for the position of marketing assistant at BrewDog last week. I'm shortlisted so am finalising a presentation to be emailed before I'm offered an interview. I think I'd really enjoy the job, so I'm hopeful. Just need to exercise my creativity suitably. The one downside is that it's based in the middle of nowhere in Aberdeenshire, but the missus has a job in Edinburgh and will be commuting to Ayre for uni 2 days a week, starting in December, so me being up north 5 days a week shouldn't be too problematic.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a rather slow, but steady growth in my career. After a few tries in different areas such as construction, customer service, consulting, mechanics, HVAC, and Electronics; I feel I have vast general knowledge of a lot of things. Job searching is relatively easy due to my versatility, but as mentioned earlier, it is an obstruction which prevents me from doing the things I'm passionate about. I'm in the process of starting a business of my own, which I hope will be much more profitable than the standard 50 hr work weeks. It's going to be extremely challenging though.

Good luck, the thing about home businesses is they will take a lot more than a standard work week to make profitable. Successful business men often have to live the job, it is harder as you need to both work, and establish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.