your dream 7 string?

• Thread starter Jerich
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
If you could have anything/anyone you wanted what would it be....what pickups/color/bridge/neck /woods/brand name or your own custom...I feel i have really been pretty happy with all my guitars and I have my dream guitars but I was wondering what makes you all YEARN.......

check this out too.make a Photo of one
got to bottom link that says Build your dream guitars Kisakea.
www.nymphusa.com/tele/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
I had one and found it to be to complicated to play live and to smooth to play in the studio. It had all the bells and whistles...I really did not like the Neck Radius or the top of the body it kinda dug into my chest. and The bridge pickup rocked but the neck was lacking..then once you clicked over to the piezo it dropped out and sounded like a totally different instrument..But hey I sold mine on ebay in 3 days and sold it for more than I purchased it for...I i was in a win ..win situation..I should have ketp it and tried EMG's or Dimarzio Blaze II bridge pickups but it turned me off so much that I got rid of it...I felt the same way about a Dean Dimebage Darrel Guitar was cool looking but played like dog dirt....Alot of Ibanez' feel like Ply wood too...but I will not go there,,Hope they put out another version of the JP from Musicman one with more options...Glad to hear what you dream of...good luck getting one someday....

Vacant

Seven Strings
Reaction score
Hmm.. that's odd...
I remember when I tried the EBMM Petrucci models (both 6 and 7) they played like a dream!! I thought they had the perfect sound.. :confused:

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
and by the way I would never play a BOLT On ...Music man want you to pay almost 2000.00 for a bolt on...glad you like it hope it works for you well...but this is not odd I HATED IT..... :scream:

Digital Black

Reaction score
Ibanez 540s7 in white, with a tonezone and a custom Dimarizo pro-track pickup..I'd have some simple inlay doen on the fretboard also..

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Jerich said:
and by the way I would never play a BOLT On ...Music man want you to pay almost 2000.00 for a bolt on...glad you like it hope it works for you well...but this is not odd I HATED IT..... :scream:

I dont know the big deal, i like bolt ons fine. i think i actually prefer them.
My ideal 7 is a UV777Bk or a UV7Bk

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
as do I- I've played very few set neck or neck-thru guitars that I've felt 100% comfortable on, and most of the guitars that I've really liked the tone of were bolt-on.

Custom 7-string- at some point looking to grab a 7620 or 1527, get an alder body, finish with a blue-green stain and a tung oil finish on top, an aluminum pickguard, and a maple fretboard with either simple blue abalone dots or a loose, spiraling inlay inspired very loosely by John Myung's 6-string Yamaha bass inlay.

-D

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe if you were to do that, you could just snag a 7 string ibanez neck off of the classifieds at jemsite, and get a custom body built? i thinkt that'd be a bit easier,i mean if you're gonna ditch the body anyway.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd have something like a 7-string version of the JEM 7VWH--white, with ebony fretboard and gold hardware. I'd probably do without the vine-of-life inlay and pearloid pickguard, though. As far as body woods, I would want to have one guitar with American basswood, and another with mahogany and maple top.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i played one of JP's EBMM guitars once. oh man, it was like a septagonal peg going into a septagonal hole :agreed:

i loved it!

i hated the price, but that's life :lol:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
but, back on topic... my dream 7string... hmm...

i don't know, really. i've not played on many, just my RG7621 and that JP 7string. between the two, i like the JP. but, maybe in a fixed bridge, or one of those trems where you can string it through the back.

No Soul

bringer of mosh
Reaction score
my ideal 7!! (ive been waiting for somebody to ask)

mahogony body w/ carved ebony top
black binding on everything
neck through construction
string through body tune-o-matic type bridge
Ibanez wizard7 style neck, w/ ebony fretboard with no inlays
one single EMG in the tail, one volume and a killswitch (no tone knob)
BLACK EVERYTHING! Even those new black strings!

that doubles for my dream 6 too...
so who wants to build me one for > 1000 dollars? :lol:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
HateBreeder said:
Maybe if you were to do that, you could just snag a 7 string ibanez neck off of the classifieds at jemsite, and get a custom body built? i thinkt that'd be a bit easier,i mean if you're gonna ditch the body anyway.

Not worth it- a neck and an Edge 7 trem and trem hardware together would cost just about as much as an entire 7620. Hell, the 7-string locking nut alone lists for like $125- you're looking maybe $500 right there, so you might as well just buy the whole thing and at least get a couple knobs and switches tossed in there for free. ;)

-D

')