Your Dream Guitar -What 7 would you nlike to have

• Thread starter Sebastian
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Rico Jr. VIP 27" scale SD Jazz/Custom Ebony board Maple neck-thru Mahogany wings Quilt top Tunomatic bridge Oil finish Black hardware Black body and headstock binding

Jackson Kelly 27" scale SD Jazz/Custom Ebony board Maple neck-thru Ash wings OFR 7 Snakeskin finish:lol: Black headstock Black hardware

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Elysian said:
man the body on that S7 would cost so much :lol: i guess thats the point of "dream" guitars :lol:
what's 300$ of raw wood between friends? We don't dream of AMC Pacers, we dream of Lamborghinis :hbang: Actually, I just went koaguitarwood.com and found the price for their highest grade 1-piece body blank... 765$ FOR A SINGLE BODY BLANK!!!!! How about that for a "working man's guitar. Admit it: you would LOVE to see something like that - hey why don't you just build the damn thing and be done with it :lol:

Cheers

Eske

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
LACS S7, flame top with blackburst finish and matching headstock, 24 fret bolt-on mahogany neck oiled black, blank ebony board with custom inlay work frets 9-15, cosmo black hardware, lopro7, piezo, 1 vol 1 tone, dimarzio 2 hums, tremol-no, killswitch, uhhh, and a sweet SS.org custom flight case

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Pablo said:
what's 300$ of raw wood between friends? We don't dream of AMC Pacers, we dream of Lamborghinis :hbang: Actually, I just went koaguitarwood.com and found the price for their highest grade 1-piece body blank... 765$ FOR A SINGLE BODY BLANK!!!!! How about that for a "working man's guitar. Admit it: you would LOVE to see something like that - hey why don't you just build the damn thing and be done with it :lol:

Cheers

Eske
lol dude as much as i'd love to see it, i'd rather just book match a 2 piece body blank :lol:

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Elysian said:
lol dude as much as i'd love to see it, i'd rather just book match a 2 piece body blank :lol:
Yup, at 650$ for the highest grade bookmatched body blank, it's a real bargain :lol:

Cheers

Eske

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I didn't know Koa trees even grew wide enough to have a single piece be big enough for a guitar body, the trees are tiny.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Carvin_X220.jpg

This, with 7 strings, a 27" scale, Mahogany body, ebony fingoerboard, OFR, L500xl, and a humbucking single ciol in the neck....

Oh, and with a reverse KXK hedstock =Sweetness

Shaman

Reaction score
I pretty much I have my dream guitar, but I wouldn't mind having a Custom Shop Jackson/ESP sevenstring.

Mahongany body with an arched maple top, neck thru, EMG 707's, 24 fret blank ebony fretboard, tunomatic bridge etc. That would be nice :yesway:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Jackson custom Soloist-7 with '80s-style features:

--7-string Kahler Pro bridge (yes, I know, it'd have to be custom fabricated)
--Maple neckthru/poplar wings
--Angled neck w/low wide frets and binding-over
--old-style rounded neck heel
--Duncan Distortion/Jazz pickups

For the finish, I'd probably go for some crazy metal flake, flip-flop color thingy involving lots of black and purple.

Expensive as hell? You betcha. And if Jackson gave me a bunch of crap over the specs, I'd find somebody interested in my business to build it.

But first, I have to win the lottery... :)

Sebastian

Reaction score
If you'll win the lottery - Buy me a COW 7 :)
Nice jackson it would be.. interesting

Snake Doctor

Antiquing?
Reaction score
^ That Ibanez mockup is sweet!

Mine would be:

Jackson custom shop soloist, mahogany neck thru, mahogany wings, archtop, snow white, blank ebony board,regular jackson pointy headstock, white binding on the neck black on the headstock,m.o.p jackson headstock inlay, original floyd rose trem, black hardware, single emg 81-7 humbucker, 1 volume (in line with the bridge, not the pickup!), thats pretty much it.

Maybe if i win the lottery.

Ravelle17

Blackjack owner
Reaction score
Schecter C-7 Hellraiser or Ibanez UV777. They both look pretty sweet. I've played the Ibanez and the neck is awesome, but an idiot at Guitar Center had the low B tuned up to D. :squint:

fathead

Cranius Deformus
Reaction score
Caparison 7 with black hardware and M7, followed by a LACS, J-Custom, and Universe 7's. I'm off to sell my blood.

')