Your dream rig vs. your current rig?

• Thread starter InTheRavensName
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
I have one solution for that mess you call a dream rig
Axe FX
HAVE AT THEE!!!

Nope.

Until I know that the Axe will get me all the splicing, cutting, chopping, bitcrushing, twitch/fuzz, filter and modulation effects that this lot will, it's a no-go.

Besides, I like regular amps, and I like the disgustingly harsh tones the Pod gives me for recording, and while the AFX may do both of those, it most certainly will not give me the satisfaction of jerking around with the knobs on an actual amp :lol:

EDIT: I also don't think the AFX has the processing power of a GT10, two Pods, two M13's and a Nova System...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
Nope.

Until I know that the Axe will get me all the splicing, cutting, chopping, bitcrushing, twitch/fuzz, filter and modulation effects that this lot will, it's a no-go.

Besides, I like regular amps, and I like the disgustingly harsh tones the Pod gives me for recording, and while the AFX may do both of those, it most certainly will not give me the satisfaction of jerking around with the knobs on an actual amp :lol:

EDIT: I also don't think the AFX has the processing power of a GT10, two Pods, two M13's and a Nova System...

lol then do this
Axe FX -> GSP 1101-> G Major

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I havent fixed up the fx routing properly (because obviously having everything in a line is just fucking ridiculous, and my guitar will no longer have tone...), and the Carl Martin Combinator 2 (the purple/black thing just before all the multi-fx) will be replaced with a Sound Sculpture Switchblade.

In general though, this is the more-or-less ideal rig, with just a half-decent set of monitors at the end (until I find a better set to put there... I'm new to monitors :lol:)

The%20Rig%20%202.jpg

My current rig?

Nothing. Literally.

The level of redundancy here makes building design look like an exact science..:lol::lol:

smucarolina

King of the Chatroom
Reaction score
Well, I havent fixed up the fx routing properly (because obviously having everything in a line is just fucking ridiculous, and my guitar will no longer have tone...), and the Carl Martin Combinator 2 (the purple/black thing just before all the multi-fx) will be replaced with a Sound Sculpture Switchblade.

In general though, this is the more-or-less ideal rig, with just a half-decent set of monitors at the end (until I find a better set to put there... I'm new to monitors :lol:)

The%20Rig%20%202.jpg

My current rig?

Nothing. Literally.

Really? :rolleyes:

fvlt

Reaction score
I wanted a rig like that once.

Then I started gigging.

Now all I have is a wah, and I'd ditch that too if I could...

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score

Alright so let me get this straight;

Because you personally have no imagination or desire beyond playing a guitar like a guitar, and can't see the point in pedals that will give basically unlimited potential to the types of sounds I could create, and the amount of layers I can then use in my music created from just this one instrument, somehow you feel that gives you the right to bash my opinion?

That about right?

The level of redundancy here makes building design look like an exact science..:lol::lol:

Redundancy? Never. Every pedal there either does something different, has a different focus, or adds it's own style of tone to the mix. (except the two M13's, which are there to add more expression pedals and more options in true stereo).

Soubi7string

3d printer go brrrrrrrrr
Reaction score
I was thinking of compiling all of that into something more compact for ya XD
so why not those three units and the boards set up to taste and the kaoss pads on the side?

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Individuality of the pedals, honestly.

If I find out that the Axe will replicate the tones of all those ZVex pedals' modulation and stuttering well enough (and the Digitech synth wah, Boss bass synth, Moogerfooger pedals and so on...), then I'd seriously consider getting one but (AFAIK) the biggest bonus of using the analog pedals is that they really do have a unique set of sounds.

As for the three units; the GSP doesn't do the FX there either ;) The Korg stuff mixed in with the bass synth and the synth wah pedal alone give a huge amount of tones, but you mix that in with any one of those ZVEX fuzz/stutters/manglers, let alone the ping-pong delays, swells and other modulations from the other multi-fx then you ahve absolutely unlimited potential with the types of sounds you can create.

I mean fuck, it's not like I'm planning on running every single one of those pedals on at all times, not a goddamn chance.. That's why the Sound Sculpture Switchblade comes in.

smucarolina

King of the Chatroom
Reaction score
Alright so let me get this straight;

Because you personally have no imagination or desire beyond playing a guitar like a guitar, and can't see the point in pedals that will give basically unlimited potential to the types of sounds I could create, and the amount of layers I can then use in my music created from just this one instrument, somehow you feel that gives you the right to bash my opinion?

That about right?

Redundancy? Never. Every pedal there either does something different, has a different focus, or adds it's own style of tone to the mix. (except the two M13's, which are there to add more expression pedals and more options in true stereo).

It is redundant. Good luck lugging that to a rig or hiring a roadie.

The expression I like to use for a guitar rig is this.

K.I.S.S.

Keep it simple stupid.

All the cables needed to incorporate that and planning would cost a ridiculous amount of money. Also, don't expect your bandmates to be super thrilled about helping you haul that rig. I can't imagine the tone loss and amount of issues that could arise from such a rig.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ I don't have a band.

I don't tour.

I don't plan on touring.

I don't plan on moving it, ever.

I've said multiple times that there is a switcher in there to avoid any such signal degradation.

I've also said that I obviously would not be using every single pedal at the same time at all times :nuts:

EDIT: Hell, I even said in that post that there is a switcher and htat it would be stupid to have everything running at once. I suggest that next time you read my post before you reply.

EDIT 2: "Keep It Simple Stupid" is something I will never ever apply to my music or methods. Ever.

Last edited:

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry guys but dream rigs aren't always supposed to be realistic or even financially feasible. Mischa's example isn't even that bad. :lol:

Also Since my rig has changed a bit, I'll show you the song of my people....

All that is missing is the AxeFX. The Digi 002 is en route...

PA135451.jpg

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry guys but dream rigs aren't always supposed to be realistic or even financially feasible. Mischa's example isn't even that bad. :lol:

As a touring rig, yeah it would be beyond ridiculous.

Seeing as how I hate people, hate being in front of crowds and hate the thought of playing live though, it really doesn't matter :lol:

I want layers, and i want noise.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
EDIT: Nope, no fuzz factory. It's a cool pedal, but I much prefer the Devi Ever stuff and on the ZVex side of things I prefer the Box of Metal :yesway: (which is in there ;) )

It's also come to my attention that in my haste to get that pic finished I put that Kaossilator in the wrong place :wallbash:

It should be just off from the computer, running into the computer.

vlover

Reaction score

The%20Rig%20%202.jpg

My current rig?

Nothing. Literally.
What? No post preamp fx's?

And i thought my dream rig excessive!

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Mine isn't set up near how it's supposed to be :lol: It was thrown together in about 10 minutes in Photoshop, and even now I've still forgotten stuff :rofl:

Acatalepsy

Reaction score
Current rig:

Ltd SC607B -> Turbo Tuner -> ISP Decimator -> Engl Savage SE -> Randall XLT cab

Ideal rig:

ESP Steph B7 -> Turbo Tuner -> ISP pro rack G -> Furman Power Conditioner -> Engl SE -> Vader Carnage Strain

the Vader should be mine soon! :)

vlover

Reaction score
Why'd you wimp out and get a Single Recto when you could have a Dual?

Because I like the sound of the Single more than the sound of the dual.

@TemjinStrife: I also dream of a three way with Zoe Saldana and Rosario Dawson. Its about dreaming big and not being practical. :scratch:

Latest posts

')