Your favorite 6 string neck?

• Thread starter Stealthdjentstic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are some of your favorites? I've really been digging the profile on the Caparison Applehorn. It starts off as almost square then turns into a C, super ergonomic, its suprisingly chunky but in a good way too The ViK shape is cool too, a C shape and a bit odd but after 5 minutes its very very nice.

What about you guys? How do you guys like the ibanez wizard profiles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

guitarfishbay

Reaction score
PRS Wide Fat or Gibson 60s are my current favourites.

I do like the Wizard profile too, but I've sold my RG now and don't think I'll ever buy another floyd guitar. In fact, anything smaller than a Gibson 50s and with a 9.5" or higher radius and I can play it and will adjust over a period of time. Generic modern standard Strat/Tele profiles are nice as well.

Zado

Reaction score
I like many neck in general,from the schecter ones to the esp and jacksons.But gotta say the best neck I've EVER tried belonged to a MM 20th anniversary silhouette.Simply fantastic

thedonal

Reaction score
My Fender HRR Strat neck. It just feels amazing- so much nicer than my RG550.

Think it's a 60s neck- it's fairly slim while still being nice to get my hand right around. The Ibby Wizard 6 necks tend to force me to have the guitar very high up compared to Strat/Les Paul necks.

Having had a brief twiddle of a Series 2, I'm thinking a Jaden Rose might be ideal for a purer shredding guitar (of which the Strat is perfectly capable, but would like the extra frets).

dclayton1388

Reaction score
I can't get over the Japanese Jackson DK2M neck. I don't know why, but my maple is already green from too much playing!

Capelo

Reaction score
It has to be the EBMM Axis. It has enough meat to it to make chording easy and painless, while being fast enough to satisfy most shredders out there. Also the gunstock+wax finsih is simple perfect. Other than that Caparison and Jackson necks are also some of my favourites

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Warmoth's compound radius (10-16"). I'm aware that they didn't invented it (think that jackson uses them too, correct me if I'm wrong) but my bari-tele's neck feel and play better than any of the few guitars I owned

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
RGA prestige hands down, second was a rosewood ebmm luke neck, then my ESP Horizon

heregoesnothing

SS.org nub
Reaction score
1. Ibanez Wizard Prestige
2. EBMM JP6
3. Ibanez Original Wizard & Super Wizard
4. Ibanez Wizard II & JPM
5. Ibanez Ultra

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
either the JP BFR or Jackson USA guitars

Posted from Sevenstring.org App for Android

Spaceman_Spiff

Contributor
Reaction score
I have large, bulky hands with sausage fingers and a 7 is more comfortable than any 6 string I've played, but I can agree with any neck because the way I play is with mostly just my thumb on the neck. So basically any profile or brand is comfortable.

Yeah that's a terrible answer in a thread ABOUT necks...but it's true.

')